Light-O-Rama Forums

Blue Twinkle Lights

jimswinder

I have been searching for months now for either Blue Icicle Lights or just plain blue lights that have the control to make them "twinkle"? (I would even take blue and white mixed together).

Does anyone know of anyone that sells them?

I have tried Lowes, Home Depot, Target, Wal-Mart and all (or most) of the on-line Christmas Light places...I thought I had seen them before.

I am wanting to "simulate" Blue snowflakes falling on my roof for that one line in Elvis' "Blue Christmas" ("and when those blue snowflakes start falling")

Thanks...

I purchased some blue icicle lights from Target last year…

I’ve been lucky that the Target by me has had the same lights for the last couple of years. So if your Target has the same lights as the Target’s in Minnesota, maybe yours will have them again this year. :)

did they have a controller to make them "twinkle"... where the lights would go on and off randomly?

jimswinder wrote:

did they have a controller to make them "twinkle"... where the lights would go on and off randomly?

Nope, just standard icicle lights. (I use LoR to do the "Twinkles" :))

i have a ton of target GE blue lights, (they are not icicle though) if you are interested. I have no use for them. they are all brand new in the original package. let me know.

-troy

I need them to have the ability to "Twinkle"...like back in the old days where they had a control that allowed you to set how fast or slow (every other light) would turn on and off...

SlashDude wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

Nope, just standard icicle lights. (I use LoR to do the "Twinkles" :))

sorry, was confused by this post, thought you were using LOR for the twinkle. mine are the standard GE blue mini's 100 per strand, low power...

-troy

I guess I might have to free up some channels and try to get the effect I want using fades.

Will have to test that tonight...