Light-O-Rama Forums

Traffic Counting

tomskillman

Has anyone done anything to try to count the traffic generated by their display? I live on a cul-de-sac and there is very little traffic on our street. Last year, I put a sign at the end of the block and I believe it helped to improve traffic. I was looking into some kind of traffic counting system to deploy shortly before Christmas to count "normal" traffc and then leave out through the Christmas holidays to monitor traffic for the display. Has anyone deployed anything like this? I looked at traffic counters on Ebay, but wasn't thrilled with the prices....

All I did was pass out candy canes 6 per a car with a box of 500
we had about 80 + cars last year and one school bus full of older ,wiser, folks
not bad for the first year but that also means you can't go anywhere so you can pass out candy

Jeff

Guest wbottomley

tomskillman wrote:

Has anyone done anything to try to count the traffic generated by their display? I live on a cul-de-sac and there is very little traffic on our street. Last year, I put a sign at the end of the block and I believe it helped to improve traffic. I was looking into some kind of traffic counting system to deploy shortly before Christmas to count "normal" traffc and then leave out through the Christmas holidays to monitor traffic for the display. Has anyone deployed anything like this? I looked at traffic counters on Ebay, but wasn't thrilled with the prices....

I usually hire a retired person to sit outside and count for me. :(

Thats o.k. in N. Carolina . If I did that here I'd be charged with "Reckless Endangerment"! :shock:

Darryl

Did you see his post of what he decorated his house with last year when the Home Owners Association voted to keep his gated community closed?

He had a photo of the Grinch on his front lawn. That is all he decorated his outside house with. He did his light show at his parents house instead.

Having watched the Holdmans display is what motivated me go from a static light show to animated. They are awesome people and have been an inspiration to me and have also been helpful answering questions from me.

if you could create one of thoes things they use to count traffic for tax purposes which is basically 2 cables near each other and when driven over it adds

you could get a digital counter and rewire it to a pressure cable

also http://www.kellysearch.com/qz-product-143446.html

has a few sites that sell vehicle counting systems

You might try a Banner style photo eye, using a reflector across the street. You Will not be happy with this price ether.