Light-O-Rama Forums

Topic is upgrades are dead

Gerry Van Cleve

Set up my Halloween show, was working fine. Then Roxio tried reinstalling during each show. Spent hours trying to delete Roxio 2009 & 10, appears I killed it. Everytime I booted Light-o-rama, Roxio came up. Deleted every file I could find from Roxio. Deleted and reinstalled Lite-o-rama going back to 2007somthing. Reinstalled with updates. to present 2.5.6. Hardware LOR Tray works, LOR Hardware controls lights, LOR, my saved show does not.

My LOR Sequence Editor freezes, will not play, can't find original sequence music that was saved, and will not play a sequence at all after reconfiguring audio sequence.

Again, Hardware works, turns lights on and off and shimmers, Schedule editor appears intact, shows try to run. Sequence editor Freezes on first timing bar. Halloween show is dead. Worked two days ago.......

Except for breaker problems, and your stupid controllers needing reconfiguring, crapping out or blowing a breaker at the last minute, , not remembering latest shows, audio, and saved sequences. It has always crapped out one way or another but got it working in time till now. Am ready to throw away my LOR controllers, and stand outside with a light switch, and play country music.

Great update, it works, Well NOT!
Need some help!

Sounds like you got a lot going on. In the first paragraph you indicate all was going fine until Roxio tried to reinstall. Then you say that you reconfigured your audio sequences and now LOR freezes and will not play or can't find original sequence.

How did you reconfigure your audio sequences?

If the sequence editor cannot locate the audio track, have you tried to re-map your media files?

As for the sequence editor not playing your audio tracks, could you have accidentely messed with WMP during the Roxio issues? Can you play your audio tracks directly with WMP?

Everytime I booted Light-o-rama, Roxio came up.

Things like this generally indicate that Windows is seriously confused about what is installed. I would suggest trying Microsoft's Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, on both LOR and Roxio, then reinstalling.

Also, when you reinstall LOR, you don't have to install earlier versions and then install upgrades. You can install the latest version directly, without installing any earlier versions first. In fact, I suggest this.

You also might want to make sure your computer is completely up to date with Windows Update. I suggest doing this before reinstalling LOR.

Here is a post about Microsoft's utility:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum90/19876.html

I would even suggest making sure that windows will reboot cleanly without trying to do any more installs on shutdown before starting the LOR install. The one time I have had a LOR install go bad, it happened when windows still had some shutdown installs pending.

Thank you all for your help, I am back up and running. I used the Windows Cleaner to get rid of Roxio, will try reinstalling it after Halloween. Appears that Windows & or Roxio, had a conflict between Roxio 9 and 2010. Saw the conflict and kept trying to repair/download.

Using the Cleaner the problem popup and reinstall problem went away, until next time. I then reloaded Lite-O-Rama. Still failed to start a sequence in sequence editor. On run it froze at the first timing point, didn't fail, had to hit stop. Remembered that an install requirement was Media player. Tried to play it, Failed to play. WTH. Don't know what happened there. Downloaded and reinstalled Media Player, Good to go! Ghostbusters never sounded or looked so good. Thx for your help. Until Christmas I hope........