Light-O-Rama Forums

Seasonal Impressions - LED holiday Lighting

jimswinder

Hey...

Does anyone out there by chance know Travis Fremming at Seasonal Impressions / LED Holiday Lighting?

I have been trying to get a hold of them for over two weeks via email and/or phone but no luck (due to a missing order).

Did they go out of business?

Is he just away on a hunting trip?

Will I have to re-squence all my songs due to missing parts!?!?!?!?! lol

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

Hey...

Does anyone out there by chance know Travis Fremming at Seasonal Impressions / LED Holiday Lighting?

I have been trying to get a hold of them for over two weeks via email and/or phone but no luck (due to a missing order).

Did they go out of business?

Is he just away on a hunting trip?

Will I have to re-squence all my songs due to missing parts!?!?!?!?! lol

We're discussing that over here: http://christmascarolina.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393

Good luck. I had some serious issues with my order and don't expect I'll ever get it straightened out. Fortunately, I drove to his warehouse to pick the order up originally and got most of what I was supposed to. But when I took inventory, quite a bit was missing. After a couple weeks of not getting return calls, I emailed him and threatened to dispute the charges and presto! - I heard back from him right away. He sent some lights that I was waiting for, some that I didn't order, and some that were close to what I had ordered. Personally, I won't be doing business with him again.

great.... :D

guess I should not have made ANOTHER order last night, huh?

This is my fourth order with him, and two of the other three were very timely.

The third one the invoice says it shipped...but there was no tracking number.

Sounds like he has a cash flow problem and waits for the money from new orders to buy the items needed for older orders.

Travis has always provided excellent service in the past. He recently has been having some issues. These issues are thought to be related to him becoming ill with H1N1 during the time he was shipping out all of the pre orders from this year. He has been fighting H1N1 for about 2 weeks and as of last week it was posted on PC that he still sounded very sick. I am confident that once he recovers he will resolve all of the recent issues.

I know it is frustrating this time of year waiting for your order, I am waiting on most of mine also. My confidence is based on my past dealings with him.

Don't mean to sound cold and indifferent...but unless he is hospitalized I would think he could still answer emails...and not leave his customers in the dark.

Thanks for this thread. Part of my order came and part didn’t. I finally went to WalMart to pick up what I needed. If you still need lights check out this press release:

On November 5, The Home Depot begins its second annual Eco Options Christmas Light Trade In event. Customers can bring in their old working or non-working holiday light strings to be recycled and receive a $3 off coupon towards the purchase of energy efficient seasonal light-emitting diodes (LED) string lights. Customers must purchase their new LED lights between November 5 and November 15 and are limited to five redemptions. This event will be valid at all The Home Depot U.S. stores.

- Dave

jimswinder wrote:

Don't mean to sound cold and indifferent...but unless he is hospitalized I would think he could still answer emails...and not leave his customers in the dark.

I agree completely. And I don't mean to call someone a liar, but Travis gave me the "sick with H1N1" excuse way back in September. I'm not a doctor, but I know there's no such thing as a flu that lasts over a month without killing you. So either he's dead or he's lying. I tend to agree with the cash flow problem scenario.

I don't understand why he isn't answering certain emails. I was having trouble contacting him at first, but the last few times he answered within 24 hours.

I think a lot of people would feel a lot better if he'd just post on the mega-thread on PC. I suggested that in my last email to him a few days ago, but so far, no post...

I did have an issue with my (relatively small) order but as far as I know I'm good to go now, although I haven't tested every single string...

-Tim

George Simmons wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

I agree completely.  And I don't mean to call someone a liar, but Travis gave me the "sick with H1N1" excuse way back in September.  I'm not a doctor, but I know there's no such thing as a flu that lasts over a month without killing you.  So either he's dead or he's lying.  I tend to agree with the cash flow problem scenario. 

He told me he was suffering from some complications. I have no basis to doubt this, but as others have said -- he needs to ensure his business goes on...

I was under the impression that the lights came in a huge order from China, so I'm not sure how there would be a cash flow problem causing this (like there might be if he were getting small shipments from a stateside supplier...)

I'm trying to remain optimistic that this mess will eventually be explained, and confidence will be restored for next year's order. But it's easy for me to be optimistic when I have my lights -- other's aren't so lucky...

-Tim

Well...I just received an email saying my latest order I placed on 10/25/09 has shipped...and it has a tracking number. But he still has not responded to another order I have yet to receive...

And like someone else suggested...nothing really happened until I had sent him an email threatening to dispute the charges with my credit card company.

Update:

Just received one of my two outstanding orders...and it was partly wrong. He sent me Red C6 lights instead of the RED M5's that I had ordered.

Haven't heard back from him since I emailed him last night, and still no word on my missing order.

:{

Good luck trying to get you lights to fade! Im all philips led lights now and they last alot longer than travis Commerical grade lights that he sold me!

Kinda a bad taste when you walk in to walmart and find the same lights on the shelf!

webbie wrote:

Good luck trying to get you lights to fade! Im all philips led lights now and they last alot longer than travis Commerical grade lights that he sold me!

Kinda a bad taste when you walk in to walmart and find the same lights on the shelf!

Really? I have had no problem with my "Travis" lights either fading, twinkling or shimmering... I will have to check Wal-Mart out and see what they have.

• 1 month later...

Many of you may already know this but if not, here is a link to a reply from Travis letting members at PC know what's been going on with his business. I'm guessing he's feeling pretty whipped by now and I'm hoping he'll be able to rebuild his business. Many of his customers have wished he would have responded back to emails etc. I, too, felt ignored about some issues with my order, but now that he's posted a statement, we all can now know what an ugly situation with which he was and still is dealing. With this in mind, I'm willing to give him some time to get this resolved and will then consider giving him another chance on anything I might need for 2010 display. (Yes, I'm planning it already)

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/sh...ad.php?t=38387

I won't bash anyone. Suffice it to say when I did hear from Travis on my order, he offered me a very different explanation than what has been shared with others...

In any event I was certainly willing to work with him, and give him the benefit of the doubt. (FYI he sent me the wrong merchandise twice, and I was stilll missing items)

After not responding to a number of personal emails and phone calls, I finally sent him a certified letter. After it was not accepted, I was forced to take action to recover my $$.

As to the post about CDI above - that is a very different situation, as Paul did communicate with folks, both via posting and private emails. As you are all probably aware he made good for those received the problem LEDs.

The lesson here is if folks plan to run/start a business, or simply offer things for sale to fellow decorating enthusiasts (as I did with my Holiday Light DVD series), you need to communicate with your customers to avoid misunderstandings/issues arising.

IMHO, lack of communication results in a majority of problems we see in life. Hopefully that lesson will be learned in this case (although if he is not reading the threads (as he stated in his post) he will not be able to understand, much less alone rectify the issues folks have brought up), so sadly I don't think it has been..

Greg

You know what, I think that being a noob here and seeing Travis's explanation of what happened, I am going to order from him for MY 2010 show. Also if I lived near him I would have DONATED my time to help him get orders out if I would have known in the first place.

I hope and pray that he does survive this and gets a new group of people to order from him.

Keep up the work Travis.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!