Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Licenses

jimswinder

I have been sequencing all my songs on my desktop...

but want to run my show with my laptop...

do I need to buy another license to do this??

Thanks..

Jim,

When you upgrade to the full version of S2 (2.5.4 is current), click on the Retrieve License button on the software download page to get your license code. All you'll need is the e-mail address you originally used to buy the software. This code is good for up to 5 installations of S2.

-Gary-

Thanks you guys...thought that might be the case, but didn't want to be surprised when I transferred my sequences over...

Reading this now a newbie has a question. I just upgraded to s2 from lor 1 about 3 maybe 4 weeks ago. When i upgraded i got the advanced version and i had to retrieve my license info and register that with my newly installed s2 version 2-4-10. Now already i am 2 versions behind. just wondering if you guys upgrade every time a new version comes out or not. Also wondering if every time you upgrade that you lose a license seat. I have never installed the software on any other computer just the one i have used from day one last January with lor 1.

Dan Lott wrote:

Reading this now a newbie has a question. I just upgraded to s2 from lor 1 about 3 maybe 4 weeks ago. When i upgraded i got the advanced version and i had to retrieve my license info and register that with my newly installed s2 version 2-4-10. Now already i am 2 versions behind. just wondering if you guys upgrade every time a new version comes out or not. Also wondering if every time you upgrade that you lose a license seat. I have never installed the software on any other computer just the one i have used from day one last January with lor 1.

Upgrading to a new version of software does not use a license seat. (Even upgrading operating systems doesn't use up a seat.) That said, software errors do happen, and you might get docked a seat. However, if you ever get an error message saying you have no more license seats, (and you know you have some to spare) simply email support@lightorama.com, and they will take care of you. No legitimate LOR user should ever worry about running out of seats.

As far as upgrading goes, I don't normally upgrade my personal display computer(s) unless I have to, ie., there is a bug fix released that I need. I think I'm running 2.5.2 now on the show computer (or which ever version has the new log viewer in the control panel) and 2.4.8 on the sequencing computer.

In general, if the software works for you, then there isn't a reason to upgrade. (Just my opinion, of course.)

Is there a way to see how many licenses have been used? I've installed LOR on three different computers, removed it from one of them, and reinstalled numerous times after reinstalling windows. I know LOR support will adjust if there are problems, but it would be nice to be able to check what's left.

Richard