Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule issue

Tim Benson

Hi,

This is Version 2.4.10
I have a show scheduled to run every night from 5:30pm to 9:00pm.
The show works just fineand has been running for 2 weeks.
I noticed last night (saturday) after the show ended,
that the status panel showed Next Show at Sunday 12:00:00AM.
That seemed strange to me as there is clearly no show scheduled to run at midnight !
So this morning I set the clock back on the computer to Saturday 11:59:00 and sure
enough it displayed Next Show at Sunday 12:00:00AM.

So when the clock ticked over to 12:00:00AM, the status panel then changed over to
next Show at Sunday 5:30:00PM.

Like I said the show works fine, just the strangness in the status window.

I guess the nest step is to clear the entire schedule and make it from scratch to see if
there is just something weird in the schedule file.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I don't know if your problem is related, but there are several odd behaviors we're seeing in the scheduler/show/status recently. I'm working with Bob on my issue. I'm hoping there is a general scheduler bug that will clear up everyone's issues. There are links to multiple threads with similiar issues near the bottom of page 1.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=20011&forum_id=74

This issue with the scheduler and show player seems to have been there since version 1. I never related it till now. But I have done an animation sequence over night after the regular show shutsdown. I noticed that every minute when the animation sequence cycled that I would get a blip of the lights. I never thought anything about this. I think this problem is showing up more not...cause more people are running some kind of show past midnight.

Also the issue about the status screen showing 12:00 am Sunday until it crosses midnight has been there that long as well.

Way back when when did my display with my commodore64 my program would add 24 hours till it reach daylight. This would have solved the problem. As some point you have to have a roll over point in a weekly schedule. Midnight Sat. night/Sunday morning seems to be the least offensive.

I do hope that this can be worked out. Maybe the rollover point can be moved to daytime hours...like maybe 12:00 Noon on Sunday.

Chuck

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

This issue with the scheduler and show player seems to have been there since version 1. I never related it till now. But I have done an animation sequence over night after the regular show shutsdown. I noticed that every minute when the animation sequence cycled that I would get a blip of the lights. I never thought anything about this. I think this problem is showing up more not...cause more people are running some kind of show past midnight.

Also the issue about the status screen showing 12:00 am Sunday until it crosses midnight has been there that long as well.

Way back when when did my display with my commodore64 my program would add 24 hours till it reach daylight. This would have solved the problem. As some point you have to have a roll over point in a weekly schedule. Midnight Sat. night/Sunday morning seems to be the least offensive.

I do hope that this can be worked out. Maybe the rollover point can be moved to daytime hours...like maybe 12:00 Noon on Sunday.

Chuck

Chuck

I can't wait for Bob to weigh in on this. Surely there is a way to be a little more graceful in the rollover. As you said, I think this issue is getting more attention with a lot more people doing more complex setups.

It looks like a new release is out to correct the problem.

While it didn't affect me, I still wanted to say thanks to Dan, Bob, John for jumping on this and doing off schedule releases. This is very impressive that this is done while other important changes are in progress.

Thanks LOR !