Light-O-Rama Forums

Upgraded

Randy9040

What LOR software version are you at?

Not sure I ever watched the light on controller with sequence editor, are you trying to play a sequence and have control lights checked?

Did you close out of the hardware utility?

More info needed to help with this.

What LOR software version are you at?

Not sure I ever watched the light on controller with sequence editor, are you trying to play a sequence and have control lights checked?

Did you close out of the hardware utility?

More info needed to help with this.

The red light on the lor board, when you start hardware utility stands on steady.

Close the utility and then start Sequence editor, never stops flashing.

Randy,

I just checked and you are correct that when you open the sequence editor the heartbeat light on the controller should go solid. One thing comes to mind about the sequence editor is the comm port in the SE set the same as the hardware utility?

Open the HU and verify the comm port you at talking to the controllers with.

Close the HU.

Open the SE. Go to edit/preferences/network preferences and make sure the comm port for the regular Network is the same as in the HU. Also, make sure under the play heading that control lights is checked. This should take care of your problem.

Chuck

I would think that the only reason control lights is greyed out is because something else is competing for the comm port. What happens if you try to run the sequence editor after a clean reboot of the computer?

Chuck

I just tried it on my show machine cause that is where I have controllers set up. Nothing I did cause the control lights to be greyed out. Like show player and sequence editor and I could still check it....it was not greyed out. Tried with the hu and se together and actually all 3 and did not have control lights greyed out.

How long ago did you upgrade? If just today or real recent I would try downloading and saving to a location on your computer. Then installing from that location. Might need to use the regwipe program to clean it up good.

Is it possible that there's a license issue? I'm not at a machine with LOR on it right now, but I think you can verify that under the Help menu... If the app has a license problem it reverts to demo mode, which means no light control.

Others have noted they've had to re-enter their key (I myself haven't yet upgraded...)