Light-O-Rama Forums

Timings keep moving all over.....

chowell

I'm trying to start a 176 channel sequence to David Foster's Carol of the Bells. I did not have the music so a kind person here was able to email me the MP3 file. Here is the problem I am having. (I downloaded the new 2.5 version of S2 btw) Every time I stop the sequence then start it again, the timings I had tapped out are off. The music does not hit the timings at all. They seem to be hitting different areas every time I restart. For instance, I have a channel dedicated to "beats" that I mark the beats on. When marked, then I change play range to "visible screen" to sequence. When I mark something then play to see it on the visualizer, the beats are totally incorrect. Is this an LOR software issue, or is the fact that the MP3 file came from another individual the problem. I have never had this issue before. Anybody know what the problem might be?

Corey

Use audacity to resave the MP3 as a constant bit rate file. The symptoms are quite consistent with the issues that happen when using a variable bit rate MP3 file.

Thanks for the input. Will just simply saving the file using Audacity do that or do I need to do something special within the Audacity program?

Corey

go to the LOR store and then support, there is a tutorial for preparing MP3 files to use with the sequence editor.

If you've previously set your preferences within Audacity to export MP3's with a constant bit rate, then just exporting the file as an MP3 will do the job. Or another option is to export it from Audacity as a WAV file and use that for sequencing.

Thanks all! Just exporting it as MP3 from Audacity did the job. Man was I frustrated there for a day or two. I kept working at that thing and could not figure out why the timings were off. I think I'm off and running now. Trying for this and at least one other song to be done by Thanksgiving kick off!

Thanks again.
Corey