Light-O-Rama Forums

Pause button

tmadak

I was wondering if anyone ever wish they had a pause button to pause the music/sequence while they checked out something. I have 175 channels on several different tracks and it seems like it would help. Anyone else?

Tom

tmadak wrote:

I was wondering if anyone ever wish they had a pause button to pause the music/sequence while they checked out something. I have 175 channels on several different tracks and it seems like it would help. Anyone else?

Tom

Hey Tom,

Sounds like you haven't had time to check out the user guide. Did you try the "space bar"? :D

I'd still like a physical pause button. Would be trivial to hook up since the space bar already works...

Tim Fischer wrote:

I'd still like a physical pause button. Would be trivial to hook up since the space bar already works...

yup, agree Tim. Would be nice to have it up on the tool bar right beside the play button.

The space bar works a little different than I would expect a pause button to. It doesn't (necessarily) resume from the point that it stopped.

When the sequence is stopped and you hit the space bar it will begin playing from the currently selected time (cell). I love that feature because you can go to any part on the sequence and sample it by clicking on a cell (a couple seconds earlier) and pressing the space bar.

If you do things just right this even works for viewing the animation. Choose your starting point in the sequence editor, open the animation window and then click back on the main window of the sequence editor. The main window will become the chosen window, but the animation window will still remain on top. Now hitting the space bar will start the sequence at the point you chose.

I haven't hijacked a thread in a long time...

My question is: "Do you think a time counter would be useful in the visualizer?" I use the visualizer a LOT and rarely have the option set to move the grid with playback because it's too choppy watching the sequence that way. I'd like to be able to watch a sequence, spot something that needs tweaking, and be able to make quick note of the time so it's easy to find afterward. Anyone else?

I like that idea. There's a time counter in the upper left corner of the sequence editor (it says "Time Scale" when stopped). I usually keep the animation positioned so that I can see it. But having it on the animation window would be nice.

I did notice that it doesn't display the time if you don't select "Move Grid with Play".

Thanks George . here me been sequencing for for 4 years and i never found that brilliant. . well that has me thinking is there any other sort cuts ???