Light-O-Rama Forums

Cutting some of the middle out of a sequence

Bubba in NV

I have a Christmas sequence that has 4 songs in it, and I would like to cut one of the songs out and make it shorter and keep the before and after the cut the same.
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to start over. (hope not, it took me months to get it like I want it) I need to do this as I am going to use the mini director/mp3 for my Christmas show too and I have two songs over the10 minute song limit for it. I like the minidirector. Works great so far with my Halloween show thats going on now.

Thanks....

The way I did it once was to use Audacity to cut the middle of the song out, then I started a new sequence with the new shorter song. I then open the full sequnce and copied and pasted the cells I wanted to keep. This really didn't take too much time to do.
Hopefully some more seasoned LOR users have a easier way for you.

Right -- just keep accurate timing info in Audacity of what gets cut out, and cut out the exact same part in LOR. I shortened a few songs up that way a couple of years ago when I decided that having 5-6 minute long songs as sequences was too much and cut them all down to 2-4 minutes...

Also, if you do multiple cuts in the same song, make sure you do them in the same order or the timings will be different. (e.g. the 30 second mark is different after you cut out seconds 10-15)

WOW, that was a lot easier than what I was trying to do, only took about 10 minutes after I had the new mp3 file. I had been futzing with it for several days....

Thanks...........