Light-O-Rama Forums

Frosty is ALIVE!!

Ponddude

OK, (forgive the continued stupid questions ;) ):

So is the ServoDog pretty much a 'lite' version of the DIO card? The reason I'm asking is for future reference for possible future projects...

Thanks,
-Tim

Boy Tim that is like a essay question...hahaha

The reason I went with the DIO card was really for a few reasons. First, LOR didn't announce the ServoDog until later in the year. I had originally planned on using the DIO card simply because of what it can do. The ability to control large amounts of power I thought would come in handy down the line. Then the ServoDog got announced. I could probably of used that this year with the servos and the inputs I am doing but after that I would need the ability to use the daughter cards that go along with the DIO card. This year I am just using the card for servo control and inputs, but next year I most likely will be adding the relay card to the setup.

Long story short, the main reason for the DIO card was it's flexibility in the future.

LOL...wow I didn't even realize that! Whoops!:?

Yes, he does have a hat. The hat that came with his frame from Val was modified because it was a little too heavy to be balanced and controlled by the servos. The problem is he is so big he doesn't fit in my basement with his hat on! Whoops again! He will have one when he is singing live though!

• The topic was locked