Light-O-Rama Forums

Deleting Timings...Did I do something wrong?

Amie

I have my chaser trees copied into a separate track from the main track. I went to the chaser tree track, selected the entire area and selected 'Delete Selected Timings'. It cleared out the timings in the Chaser Tree Track, the Reindeer track (right above the Chase Tree track) and the entire Main Track. What did I do wrong?

Any ideas?

Amie wrote:

I have my chaser trees copied into a separate track from the main track. I went to the chaser tree track, selected the entire area and selected 'Delete Selected Timings'. It cleared out the timings in the Chaser Tree Track, the Reindeer track (right above the Chase Tree track) and the entire Main Track. What did I do wrong?

Any ideas?
You didn't do anything wrong. The software did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Timings are not stored per track, they are stored per sequence.

If that's true, shouldn't it have deleted all the timings in all the tracks? Not just the one right above the track I was working in? I guess I don't understand the new drop down timing system, if that's the case either.

edit: just read the help file on timings again. "A sequence can have more than one timing grid, but only one (per track) is displayed at any given time."

I think I should be able to delete the timing in just one track.

I'm confused. In your first message you indicated that three tracks were affected when you deleted timings.

In your second message, you state only two.

Only three were definitely affected, but I have more than three. The three that were affected were the main track, the track that I was trying to delete the timings from, and the track right above that track. All other tracks were not affected.

It sounds like the tracks that had that timing grid selected were all affected. If you go to the other tracks, and select that timing grid, you should find that it is blank there as well. If these are sequences that were made before the separation of timing grids, you probably have a bunch of unnamed grids, that may be duplicates of each other. It may help to rename your timing grids, so it is more obvious which one is which. You may also want to delete some grids that you believe are duplicates.

-klb- wrote:

It sounds like the tracks that had that timing grid selected were all affected.  If you go to the other tracks, and select that timing grid, you should find that it is blank there as well.  If these are sequences that were made before the separation of timing grids, you probably have a bunch of unnamed grids, that may be duplicates of each other.  It may help to rename your timing grids, so it is more obvious which one is which.  You may also want to delete some grids that you believe are duplicates.

That fixed it, thank you!