Light-O-Rama Forums

Media file association not connected to sequence after upgrade to 2.5.2

cmoore60

Helping a friend upgrade to 2.5.2 from 2.3.4. The download went fine. The install appears to have gone fine. Launched the Sequence editor and the editor came up fine. No Demo mode. Try to open a sequence and it popped up and said that the media file was not found, or whatever it says. This is hit and miss situation. Simply doing the edit/media file is taking care of the problem. But why did it disassociate the files?

Yes they were all working last night.

Chuck

I'm still at 2.3.4, but maybe the directory path is different for the audio files. I always save my files in the same directory path that I specify to avoid this (e.g.: C:1regAVfiles).

Also, if you always save the audio files in the default Audio folder LOR creates during the installation (Audio) LOR is supposed to find it there even if that location changes during installation. This is probably the best thing to do.

If you wanted to see what changed, you could open the old sequence in Notepad and look at the "musicFilename" entry to see what the old path was. If only the file name is listed without the full path, LOR should look for it in the LOR Audio folder.

The LOR defaults were selected when 2.3.4 was installed and also when 2.5.2 was installed. I selected the defaults on my computers and had no problem with associations.

I do not have the luxury of examining the files.

Chuck

Along with choosing the default LOR folder, the audio files should be stored directly in the "Audio" folder that LOR creates. If they are placed there, the directory path of the default LOR folder could change, but LOR would still find the audio file.

(Sorry if I'm covering the obvious here.)

Everything worked before the 2.5.2 update. Once the new version was installed, some sequences seems to loose where their media file were. All media was in the MyDocuments/Light-o-rama/audio folder.

Chuck