Light-O-Rama Forums

Reworking Channel Map

tpctech

I am jumping from about 128 channel to 300+ this year and are working on rearranging my channel map to group things together colors, trees, ect. I am also going from a 2 color to 4 color on most of my elements. I took a song from last year and added the channels and rearranged the map to make sense. Now I can go back and edit the song to add the new elements. What is the best way to import this to my other songs. If I simply export the channel config and inport if puts the channels in the right place by the actual sequence in all in the wrong place.

Note: some of the old dimmer assignment will remain the same.

KEN

If you had added all the new channels to the bottom of what you had before, then all you would have to do is export that channel config and then import it to each old sequence. Having added channels in various places throughout your previous configuration pretty much forces you to do the same thing to all your old sequences manually - at least up to the point of reaching the last channel you had in last year's config.

Thanks,

Thats pretty much what I figured. I did not want to retype all of the channel info.

This is what I did and it worked!

Moved and dragged my channels order around as desired. Inserted channels as needed without channel assignment details. then inserted my master channel plan with all channel info,colors, ect.

I am now ready to add the new elements to some of last years songs and add new one or three!

Thanks

KEN