Light-O-Rama Forums

error communication with lor registration server 12029

cvlrs2000

Hey I am trying to ugrade my computer out in the garage and I keep getting this error message

error communication with lor registration server 12029

What is the deal??????

Have you tried again? If the issue continues, I might check if you have some personal firewall, or other internet safety package denying the outbound traffic.

I agree with -klb-.

This "error 12029" is not coming from LOR; it's coming from Windows. It means that your machine tried to connect to some other machine (in this case, our licensing server), and the connection failed.

There could be any number of reasons for this. Could be the ethernet cable is not plugged in to your computer, or to your router. Could be a bad cable. Could be that a firewall is blocking the traffic, whether a hardware firewall or a software firewall. Could be that your router is unplugged. Could be that your internet service provider is having some sort of problem. Could be that our licensing server has exploded. There are many, many possible causes.

I would suggest checking the simple things first - are you sure you can get to other things on the internet from that machine? Can you get to lightorama.com in a web browser from that machine?

Also, as -klb- suggests, check your firewall configuration to make sure it's not blocking the connection, and if all else fails, you can always try offline registration.