Light-O-Rama Forums

2009 Halloween display in Utah

JoelSturman

I was hoping to have some animated props controlled by a ServoDog, but alas I will not have time. Still, LOR makes a static display completely awesome :D

Here is my display:

I welcome comments, criticism, etc. Several of the lights are Minionweb's LED floods. I wanted larger blues, but I am washing the house with 2 of the 36 LED lights. The Greens are 120 LED. The front headstone is a 36 RED, and the right prop is a 36 LED UV/Purple Duo. Everything else is incandescent. I replaced the older lights with the LED Floods with no changes to the dimming. If you look closely in the videos, you will see (particualarly in the signs peice), that the blue and green just pop on instead of fading in.

Nice job!!

I particularly like how you mirrored the tension in the music using twinkles and varying intensity levels.

Cray

the only criticism I can give you is in one word,
Fantastic!!!
I don't do Halloween yet, but you just gave me some great ideas to play with.
Thanks for sharing

Nice. I love the response times on those LED floods. I have some Halogens, and they are slower to dim. I will have to check those out.

Golly gee shucks, thanks everyone for the kind comments! We will see if they turn more competitive for the Christmas Contest :P

To answer the question, yes the blue on the house is 2 36 LED Spots. The guy on the right is the UV/Purple LED Spot. Red is not the best, and is using incandescant. MinionWeb is out of most of the lights until next year. I was hoping to get some better red before Christmas :)