Light-O-Rama Forums

lighting up the house

Guest guest

http://www.geocities.com/musicman130130/house.htm

This is a webpage that has pictures of the house that I am putting my first ever LOR show on. I would appreciate ANY help you experts can give me on how to put the lights up this year. One thing to keep in mind is that I have 2 songs done already so I am going backwards of what you should do. Channel 1 and 2 are the same and 3 and 4 are the same, this is the voices. Other then that the rest of the channels are pretty independent and if they are the same at times it doesn't really affect much as it's instruments and I'm sure that can really go anywhere. At the bottom of the page I state what I have lightwise. It is stated at the bottom of the page, but please remember that the tree that blocks part of the house won't be as bad in winter.

I currently do not own an FM transmitter, but am trying to get enough money to buy one. If I do, I'm going to put a sign up saying which channel and it will not be involved with the LOR at all, I'll plug it straight into the wall and it will be on a timer or something like that.

Once again thank you for any help. I've put lights on the house before, but never to music.

You have a beautiful tree in the front. However, it is blocking a good portion of your home. Since I am in the business may I suggest that you prune the lower limbs from your tree and shape it up a little. This will make everything look better. May I suggest about 7-8 feet from the ground.

I'm new to this, but that large tree dead center can be an asset. It could function as an upside-down mega tree, where all the lights come to a point at the base of the trunk, and spread out as they go up... either symmetrically, or with the shape of the tree. To date, I don't recall seeing one that is truly symmetric, just close to it due to tree shape. You could dedicate as few as four channels, or as many as you can spare to get some neat effects out of it.

Moving Target in NC