Light-O-Rama Forums

Fade down past end of sequence

Steven

I have a [musical] sequence with a total time of 1:37. The last event on one channel is Fade down from 100% to 0% with Event Times of 1:32.95 - 1:38.50. It probably got this way by changing the total time on the sequence after that event was already there.

The question is what will happen to this channel in a show at the end of this sequence? If the "Turn used channels off" box is unchecked, will it continue to fade after the sequence is over?

Just a guess, but I don't think it will continue to fade - there won't be any commands to tell it to continue fading since the sequence will have ended and the next will begin.

I am not sure - I'd really like to see a copy of your sequence, please - but I suspect that the behavior will depend upon whether you have "turn lights off at end of sequence" turned on or not.

If you do, I think it will start fading down, then suddenly go to zero intensity when the end of the sequence is reached.

If you don't, I think it might continue fading down until the end of the effect (unless a new sequence immediately starts which contains that same channel, in which case it will do whatever that sequence says to do with that channel).

Again, I don't know, though. Where do you see those event times listed? And could you please send me a copy of the sequence (bob@lightorama.com)? Thanks.