Light-O-Rama Forums

New error when playing sequences

doubleeaz

I have been happily using version 2.4.xx (currently at 10) Advanced for many weeks making edits to my sequences. Today, I load a sequence and try to play it and get the error "Failed to load control 'WindowsMediaPlayer' from wmp.dll. Your version of wmp.dll may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application". I have not made any changes to my computer although it is a work computer. No telling what IS has done.

Thanks for any help resolving this issue.

Regards,
Rodger

Make sure you still have windows media player. I know our IT group has done something in the past so that media player would not play or open on our work computers.

I get into work this morning an my computer virtually locks up for about 15 minutes. After that, all my issues with playing sequences and errors about Windows Media Player are gone. I can now perfectly play and edit sequences. Don't have any clue what happened and neither does the IS department.

doubleeaz wrote:

I get into work this morning an my computer virtually locks up for about 15 minutes. After that, all my issues with playing sequences and errors about Windows Media Player are gone. I can now perfectly play and edit sequences. Don't have any clue what happened and neither does the IS department.

Are you doing this at work? Tsk Tsk

ItsMeBobO wrote:

doubleeaz wrote:

Are you doing this at work? Tsk Tsk

Only at lunch? Early lunch :D