Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Show not Working with LOR Hardware Utility

Liberty-Laser

I tried programming my MP3 Show with the LOR Hardware Utility. It seems to write to my card just fine. However when I put it in the LOR Show Director the red lights keep flashing & no show. It does work if I use the Simple Show Builder.

Using 32 channels:
LOR1602W with MP3
CTB16PC
Showtime Basic Software

You will likely get support here, but seeing as you posted your initial post at After 6 PM, you likely will not get an answer until sometime today during business hours. You can also email LOR Support at support@lightorama.com

So with the above happening how do I setup a schedule for the SD card using LOR Hardware v2.3.8 basic?

Guest wbottomley

First off... I would upgrade to 2.5.2.

Then describe the steps you take to make a show.

Also, double check the audio file. It might be a wav. If so, they need to be an mp3 encoded to 128kbs.

I'm now on 2.5.2, All music files are mp3 - 24bit - 128kbs.
Bottom line is - other then Simple Show Builder, I cannot get ANYTHING with the SD card to work. Using the Hardware utility - Even if I skip the scheduler and say play continuously - it'll put these sequences on my SD card, but the red lights just blink and nothing ever happens.
The one thing the Hardware Utility does do for me is set the date & time on the SD card, after Simple Show Builder is done.
Isn't there a way to setup multiple scheduled shows using the SD card?

Hi,

Of course you should be able to setup schedules with the Hardware Utility. The shows that you have been setting up with the Simple Show Builder (SSB) are they scheduled shows?

On the DC-MP3 card, do you have the selector switch set to "0" or "A"?

Can you please delete all files from the SD card then create the simplest of shows using the Hardware Utility.

Click the "LOR MP3 tab", Click Add Sequence and add a single musical sequence, Click "Click Create Show", make sure the correct drive is selected for the SD card then click "Place Show on the SD Card".

On the SD card there should now be 3 files. Please confirm there are 3 files and only 3 files on the SD card named:

S1CONFIG.CFG, S1FILE01.SEQ and S1FILE01.MP3

If that is correct then place the card into the DC-MP3.

Look at the LEDs on the DC-MP3 and on the controller and let me know what they are doing before and after you put in the card.

Thanks
Dan

I'm not sure what that "0" or "A" switch is you're refering to.

I did get the LOR to now play the sequences written to the SD disk by the Hardware Utility. I upgraded to 2.5.2 and loaded the latest Firmware to the DC-MP3.

Now, How do I get the Hardware Utility to load a Schedule on the SD disk?

There is a pot on the the MP3 director, similar to those which set the unit ID. LOR is asking if it is set to "A" or "0". Mine is set to 0 - I have never touched it. I do not know what "A" does...

I looked at the error you have. When you select the date and time of your show (e.g. selecting mon. and tues. check boxes, and then select the time from the drop down), you should be clicking the "change selected days" button to save your settings, then click OK to close the window. Based upon the picture of the HW utility you posted, I suspect that you did is set your show times/days, and then hit OK. Because you did not first hit the "change selected days" button, the warning appears telling you that you made changes to your show schedule but did not save it (via the change selected days" button) and you are exiting via the OK button. It would be a nice feature if the OK button did save the schedule before exiting, all in one step, but it does not work that way.

LightORamaDan wrote:

On the SD card there should now be 3 files. Please confirm there are 3 files and only 3 files on the SD card named:

S1CONFIG.CFG, S1FILE01.SEQ and S1FILE01.MP3

How big are those files - in particular, the CFG file. I know the SEQ and MP3 file may vary depending on the size of your sequence and/or length of the MP3 file, but the CFG no longer fits on the SD card that came with the Show Director. The card sent with the controller is 256mb...