Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Frame position

Tim Fischer

Windows media player has a memory for minimized screen size. What I have been doing after talking with bob years ago about this problem is this:

1: set time between sequences to about 30 seconds.
2: By setting this pause I am able to shrink the media player popup window to as small as possible and move it to a corner in between songs. (Only have to do it one time, not for every song).
3) I then reset the time between sequences back to 0:
4) I made a screen saver that says Merry Christmas with my display name on it.

Now in between songs I still get a flash that shows my custom screen background, and a very small box in a corner, but at least it is not as bad as a large box in the center of the screen.

If I remember correctly this fix must be applied every time you restart your computer. I don't shut mine off and keep the LOR control panel running throughout the season. so I cant remember exactly what the deal was. I do this procedure each year though.

I have been using an Nvidia card for a few years now to output my video. The nvidia outpus full screen video to the s-video jack automatically from media player so you bypass the lor software . It has worked well even before LOR supported video. You may look for another video card and try this option.

Marshall

• 11 months later...

Added video to my display this year and have noticed this very thing as well. Has there been in progress in a good solution since last year?

-Pat