Light-O-Rama Forums

Loud Audio track

tjmarty

If you use mp3s, there's a slick little free program called MP3Gain that allows you to set the loudness of multiple songs all to the same gain level.

I second the use of MP3Gain...

Very nice little program.

I use it to normalize all my audio files so that i don't have one song that is MUCH louder than the rest.

Scott.

It is very Simple... Click "Add Files" or "Add Folder" on the file or folder you want to adjust.

Then Click on "Track Analysis"

When it finishes, you will see the volumes, any clipping that the track will do in media player and the Gain, as well as other things. Songs in red have clipping , if there is a -# in the Track Gain column, it means it will be adjusted to a lower gain level.

Now, just click "Track Gain" Button and it will fix it for you.

If you want to adjust just one song you can do that as well. It is really a nice program.

Scott

Feel free to ask any questions.

You can skip the track analysis. It does not really show you anything. I set mine to 91, and just click the track gain button. When you click the gain button, it will first analyze the song, then make any correction needed.

I ran all my songs through MP3Gain. Those that I play thru Zara and those I use in my show. Originally set them all the same. However the ones that played through LOR see to be lower in output level than those played thru Zara.

Any ideas?

Chuck

Open up windows media player and turn the volume up. Then close it.
If I am right LOR uses WMP for it's audio and uses the volume that it is currently set to.
Give it a shot...

Great information guys. I still have so much to learn. I am so ready to get started with setting up my Christmas display. That is my Christmas present for me!

Now I just need like a 1000 new controllers and 10 billion extensions cords and a power plant to run it all!

32 channels and counting. 10,000 lights :dude:

Chuck, have you tried opening the windows volume control to adjust all the volume settings? These days, everything seems to come through the "Wave" control. But maybe one of the programs uses one of the other volume controls.

The windows volume controls would effect both Zara and WM. So that would not have any effect on Zara seemingly to be louder than WM. With that said I have checked that previous, and although it is set max do not see how that could effect in my situation.

Chuck

I seem to remember something from last year when I asked why audio is softer through LOR than the same file through an mp3 player. Has something to do with LOR's settings. I think someone from LOR - maybe Bob - was going to look into this, but it sounds like no one ever did.

Chuck,

I respectfully disagree with you. Zara radio does not use Windows media player to generate it's audio. It ports directly to the sound device that it is configured to use under options/ouputs.

This can be proved by going into WMP and turning the volume all the way down (even muting it), and Zara will still play and the volume level will be unaffected.

On the other hand I was wrong about how LOR uses WMP. Adjusting the volume does not work...

Back the original question, I had this issue prviously and now I remember that I had to adjust the system volume(XP's main volume) to the level I wanted LOR to be at, and then turn the volume level down inside of Zara to be at a level that is comparable to what LOR is.

Not sure if there is an easier way.

Scott.

I never said zara uses windows media....but they both are routed thru the volume control panel with the main volume and the wave/mp3 volume.

I have turned down the volume in zara to try and compensate and when I restart zara goes back to full.

Chuck

Ahh... Yes it does go back to full...

I see the problem, Why do you close Zara?

I keep Zara open all the time set up with a play list to randomly play files from my music directory, and then use DTMF tones to start and stop it.

I have a two different LOR sequences in my show, one at the beginning and one at the end which play the DTMF tones.