Light-O-Rama Forums

Test Inputs (for interactive) Radio Button in Hardware Utility

Michael R. Zlatic

I have been reading a lot of great topics from everyone on the subject of inputs for use with an interactive show(s). In my effort to learn, test, and understand how this new functionality works, I came across the "Test Inputs (for interactive)" radio button under the "Test" button in the Hardware Utility. It seems to be a great tool to verify that the wiring is done correctly in order to trigger a sequence, however, why does my CTB-16D show eight available inputs? Meaning, I am using the "CTB16 Input Connector (3 inputs)" that I purchased from LOR, but instead of only 3 inputs being available, it appears that "Controller Inputs" one through eight are all available. I can make input one, two, and three go green, but not the remaining five (inputs four through eight). Everything I have read has always referenced 3 inputs, not 8. Any thoughts? I attached a picture to help illustrate my question.

Anyway, I hope this is not a duplicate post, as I have been unable to find this topic using the search tool.

Thanks for listening.

Attached files 182164=10384-Test Inputs (for interactiv

Michael,

There are only 3 inputs. Not sure why the HU show like there are 8. That is only a question for LOR. Who knows...maybe something in the future. Might be to accomodate other controllers is why it is shown that way.

Chuck

There was a post about this a while ago. When the three-input header was introduced, there was a comment that an eight-input header may be available in the future, but so far, no additional information has appeared. If the search function can find it, I'll post the info.

Regards,

Alan.

Is the CTB16D the board that goes into the MP3 show director? If so, the header on that director is for 8 inputs. Maybe it is because of that. I am not really sure as I only use PC boards.

Actually, the CTB16D is the sixteen channel board that is capable of supporting 40 amps total current (20 amps on each bank of eight channels). I noticed the same thing regarding my DC-MP3 header, that is, it is capable of supporting six input triggers. Alan C's note about the possible "eight-input header" is very interesting...I wonder if that is still in the works.

I knew I had seen it somewhere in LOR's documentation. It is on the bottom of this sheet: http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/InputConnectionsForCTB16.pdf that explains how to connect the header that does the three inputs. To be honest, I have heard no more about it since. Perhaps a question for Dan to answer?

Regards,

Alan.