Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation Screen

Jeff F

Jeff F wrote:

I have my display drawn out in the animation screen. Is there a way to print it or export it? I'm using LOR II

I think I could answer better if I know what you are trying to achieve by printing or exporting?

As a side note, a really GOOD and simple tool I use for almost all types of screen captures to save, print, etc. is a little thing called "Faststone Image Capture". You should use the 30-day trial. It's cleverly simple, but powerful. I also use it for creating documentation of screen captures and object captures. Yes, I use it to capture my LOR screens for printing and reviewing.

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

I've found the "Print Scrn" button on my keyboard to be remarkably capable of capturing what's showing on the screen. Then I import it into Microsoft Publisher (or a photo editing program) and from there I'm able to do all sorts of unspeakable things to it.

George Simmons wrote:

. . . and from there I'm able to do all sorts of unspeakable things to it.

This might go under the heading of "Getting Too Deep in Your Work".

I don't know . . .

I'm just saying . . . ;)

But its a good tip.

How was the brew?

Cray

Hi Richard,

I want to be able to print it out or export it to a Microsoft program so I can mark which channels and controller controls what. Last year I did a print screen, went in to Microsoft paint and pasted it. Then noted what channels & controller are used for each lighting effect. I didn't know if LOR had a way to export that image like your able to import a picture of your house.

Jeff F wrote:

Hi Richard,

I want to be able to print it out or export it to a Microsoft program so I can mark which channels and controller controls what. Last year I did a print screen, went in to Microsoft paint and pasted it. Then noted what channels & controller are used for each lighting effect. I didn't know if LOR had a way to export that image like your able to import a picture of your house.

Ok, I got ya. That's what I thought. Like George said, the easiest thing is to use the prnt scrn key, but the thing I dislike about that is it captures the whole screen. Often I just want to quickly capture a dialog, error message, button, graphic, menu, etc. That is why I really like the FastStone image capture program. The ability to capture any object allows me to avoid having to perform graphic cutting, pasting or other image editing. FastStone will copy any object visible on the screen and automatically paste it anywhere you want... clipboard, file, or application.

There are tons of such tools on the market, but I go for the simplest, cheapest, most powerful ones.

Jeff,

Last year I put together a pretty simple Excel spreadsheet that listed my controllers, what each channel controlled, and also the full-on wattage and amperage of each channel. PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy if you want to look at it.

Cray,

It was tasty... definitely worth getting flamed for.

• 1 month later...

Jeff F wrote:

I have my display drawn out in the animation screen. Is there a way to print it or export it? I'm using LOR II

Is there any way to export the animation and then import it into a new seq. that way I don't have to redraw it?

I just use the "Print Screen" button on the keyboard and paste it into a program called Irfanview. It is a free program with no hidden stuff and it lets you resize, cut etc. www.irfanview.com

For the channel output if you go to Tools>Channel Property Grid you can print out what channels are for what. I take both print outs outside and go to town.