Light-O-Rama Forums

Winterland Christmas decorations

Max-Paul

Winterland was at Re-Plus. Their items are claimed to work with LOR. They have been in the business a number of years primarily doing commercial displays. I will say from what I saw at re-plus their product is compatible with CDI. I cannot speak for other vendors as I have no experience with them.

John,

The link is posted on Planet Christmas as they are having a sale now. It actually is on the top banner of the forum pages.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

John,

The link is posted on Planet Christmas as they are having a sale now. It actually is on the top banner of the forum pages.

Chuck

OK thanks Chuck. I'm not very active on PC, I mostly stay on the boards here, SCL, Christmas Carolina and Constantly Christmas

Ouch on their prices even with 5% discount. Guess I've been spoiled by Paul's preorder sales prices at CDI for the last few years (since 2006)

The only problem I have with CDI is that I dont want or need or should I say that buying a whole case at a time would severly crimp my ability to do more items in my display with less strings than a full dozen. Lets say I only need 3 m5 70ct FW green. Now I have to invest a full in a full dozen. Not leaveing me any money to spend on say 3 strings of same in red. That is my only problem with ordering from CDI. I do believe this past Jan, or Feb asking if anyone would be interested in splitting some cases of LEDs. But had no takers. So, looks like I would have to rob the bank to be able to order from CDI everything I needed this year. But I would have a lot of spares. LOL

Spares are good!

I understand your point and when I first started felt the same way, but decided to do it anyway, building my display up a little more slowly, starting with only one color the very first year, then adding a second color, third and so on.

The first year I did a Megatree was 2007, was 2 colors with 32 channels and 32 LED strings. But I bought 12 strings of a third color for the following year, then bought 12 more so I would have the 16 strings plus some spares. Last year my Megatree was 3 colors with 48 strings, but I bought extra planning for this year. This year will be 4 colors, 128 strings of LEDs and 64 channels.

I have the prices in a spread sheet of every LED string I have bought since 2006, and where I got them, where they are used in the display and which ones are on the shelf in inventory as spares. Approx 95% of them were from Paul, 75% of them 50 count strings, the others 100 counts, and in five colors.

Of the 630 something strings, I have so far, my average cost per string is only $7.20 , by buying in cases of 12 or 24 from the presales the past few years. So when I see a web site offering sale prices at $20 per LED string, discounted down from $23, I think OUCH!

Plus, I already have LEDs in inventory so I can start building new display elements in Jan / Feb 2010. A lot of what I will order from Paul next Jan will be for 2011 use.

Just the way I do it, since I'm an old fart that's been doing this for a few years now.