Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence editor freezing

douglong

When working in the sequence editor, after 2 or 3 times of running music, the program freezes and a screen comes up and says, The action cannot be completed because the other application is busy. And when you click to see the other application. its stays frozen. You have to start the task manager to stop the program and then all the work you have done has been lost. Tried it on another computer and is doing the same thing. Running windows Vista Have already updated to latest version of lor program.

Hmmmm... I haven't seen this before, but from poking around on the web a little, it seems like this might be due to some dialog box being open, which you have to respond to first before continuing. For example, something like "Are you sure you want to blah blah blah?".

Sometimes these dialog boxes will get hidden behind other windows that are open on your screen, so if you don't see any, try closing or minimizing your other windows.

I basicly started from scratch, I dumped all the files from lor and started over, getting rid of the old sequences and keeping the new ones. This seems to have taken care of the problem. May have been some conflict.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dan:
My software is also freezing along with several other problems while in sequence editor. Freezes when trying to load a media song to a sequence, freezes when I open certain sequences. Tried opening sequences through an alternative path than the lightbulb in the task bar and same problem.
I have using 2.4.8.
I purchased Carol of the Bells last year and worked fine. Today, I still have the sequence but it asks for the media file. When I try to add the media - freezes up.

If I uninstall the entire software and do a reinstall - will I loose everything. There are only two of my four songs working properly.

Also when I open sequence in RECENT SEQUENCES, the sequence gets relisted and location changes where it begins with J:/ or G:/ or G:/lor/

I have only 5 days to begin the show. Any quick answers. Thank you

Uninstalling and reinstalling the software will not cause you to lose your sequences.

You might also want to make sure your computer is completely up to date with Windows Update. Personally, I would do this in between uninstalling LOR and reinstalling it, and I would reboot at every decent opportunity (after uninstalling, after Windows Update).

And please note that Windows Update doesn't necessarily show all available updates - if you don't have a certain update installed, but it depends upon some other update that you also don't have installed, it won't show it. So what I personally do is run Windows Update, install everything it lists, reboot, then run Windows Update again. I keep rinsing and repeating until finally it says that no updates are available.