Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Length

Guest guest

To those of you who are veterans at all this. When you program your shows, how long do you make them? Do you use just one song or seque into another? What would be a good length?

Thanks

You will get answers all over the map to this question. Everyone has their own ideas and preferences. Some need to break shows up to clear out traffic. Some run their show constantly in a loop. Others run a show hourly.

Myself. Last year I ran a 5 minute show every quarter hour. I had four shows with 1 or 2 songs each and I had music with static lights for about 10 minutes between each show.

This year I will add more shows and probably run a 5 minute show every 10 minutes.

I will probably animate my mini trees between shows but the rest will be static.

For me it was all show, all night. (No static lights, either.)

Things were okay until the week before Christmas, when I had to reduce the playlist to two songs each hour (in a loop.) Otherwise, traffic would have been horrible.

Brian is right, each person is going to have their own situation, and will have to determine the best format for their location.