Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR v2.4.10 only plays first musical sequence in show

TraceWilson

Hi all,

I 'recently' upgraded to LOR v2.4.8 to begin this Halloween season's show. Initially, everything looked great. I opened some old sequences, saved then under new names, ran them, etc., and all looked good.

Until tonight... I've got a show for halloween that contains 3 musical sequences. When I 'enable shows', the show kicks off, but only plays the first musical sequence in the show.

Originally I was using a show file I created last year, and it was pointing to some old sequences. So, I opened each sequence in the Sequence Editior and saved it under a new name. I then created a new show file, added the sequences, saved it and scheduled it. No dice, it still only plays the first sequence. I tried rearranging the sequences several times, thinking that the last 2 sequences were bad, but alas, which ever sequence I put first in the list gets played, over and over and over (and over and over...).

Thinking that it may just be a bug in v2.4.8, I just installed v2.4.10, but with the same results.

Anyone have any ideas? It's not a HUGE issue yet, but come Christmas...well, you know :-)

Thanks in advance

Just noticed i didn't really give any details...

LOR v2.4.10

WinXP 32-bit (all latest service packs & hotfixes)

Sequences are using .wav files for music.

All older sequences opened and saved under new name in LOR v2.4.8

Originally used last year's show file, but then created a new one in v2.4.8 and added the new sequences.

Hmmm, can't think of anything else.

Thanks in advance!!!

I just tried a 3 song show from files I did under 2.4.10 and they seemed to work just fine. I did not have any of the controllers connected to the network, but the songs played just fine. 3 sequences/song played and repeated just like they were supposed to. So I'm not seeing the problem you are seeing. I'm not sure what is going on with your setup or if other people are having any issues.

same problem here show worked fine last night, started show tonight and it justs plays the 1st seq over and over i made a new show even tried putting different seq. in it but keeps playing the 1st one over and over

perry much same set-up new lor 2 sofware and windows XP

thanks for any help

same problem here show worked fine last night, started show tonight and it justs plays the 1st seq over and over i made a new show even tried putting different seq. in it but keeps playing the 1st one over and over

perry much same set-up new lor 2 sofware and windows XP

thanks for any help

just played around with mine and just unpluged cable going into the usb485B and pluged it back everything working fine again.... sometimes i just need to try the simple things first

I have a very similar setup here. WinXP SP3 and all hotfixes. Running LOR 2.4.8. Show worked fine til yesterday. For testing, I have the scheduler set to both start and stop at midnight, which has always worked in the past. Show file is the same as last year, with a start-up sequence, a show setup and a closing show sequence. Upon enabling shows, if would play part of the opening sequence, stop in the middle and change to the closing show seqeunce. At the end if would repeat and go back to the opening sequence. The middle (main) part of the show never played. Changing the stop time to 1 minute til midnght and all worked again. Weird cause this is the first time, even with 2.4.8, that it behaved this way.

-Gary-

kdouglas wrote:

just played around with mine and just unpluged cable going into the usb485B and pluged it back everything working fine again.... sometimes i just need to try the simple things first

OMG, I cannot believe the fix was that simple. Unplugged/replugged the USB485B and suddenly everything worked. No reboot, no reinstall, no file edits, just unplug/replug the USB485B. :):):)

Thank you, thank you , THANK YOU!!! I probably would have spent hours trying everything BUT that!!!

Know what u mean i was checking boxes thursday night and could not get lor hardware to find the boxes, checked all 10 of boxes then reinstalled lor software then some drivers (3 hours :) and all it was,, was a bad cable... (simple things frist) (if i can just remember that motto i'll be fine)

later

kd

Since your "cure" was due to the USB cable being replugged. Do you have ANY energy conservation active on your computer. The USB port can be turned off in power save mode and thus disable the USB port. But when the computer is woke up, not become active.

If the power conservation on the computer not active. Another thing that comes to mind would be the USB cable. Is the USB cable a regular cable between the computer and the adapter? Last year LOR came out with a filtered USB cable that helped in many cases.

Chuck