Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequences won't play

JerryConover

Help me please!!! Last night I tested my Halloween show and all went just fine. I was going to play it again tonight and now it will only play the first sequence over and over. I removed the first sequence in the show to see if that was the problem and it does the same thing on the new first sequence. What can I do to fix this problem?!!

I am running with the computer controlling. I am using LOR Sequence Editor v2.3.8 Advanced and running windows vista basic. I have not changed anything from last night. Anything else you might need to know?

Jerry

Are any of your sequences LOR1 files that have not been saved as LOR2? I had that problem last season and it acted similiarly.

Jerry,

I remember something similar to this in the past. I tend to recall it was with the MP3 player unit. However, there might be something else that causes this.

There is also another thread in this same forum asking the same question.

Chuck

Ok, I got it to work. A pain in the butt to do but this is what I had to do.

I saved all my sequences to another computer and then uninstalled LOR and deleted all sequences and music from the computer. Then I reinstalled LOR and the music. On the computer I saved my sequences to I had to create new musical sequences and copied the timings from the old sequences and pasted them to the new ones, then moved them to the other computer with the controller and this time it worked. (I did just try to move the original sequences back and this did not work.) Not sure what happened on the computer but this seemed to be the only way to get them to work. I will finish the other sequences and try to play the show tonight and hope it will be fine.

Thanks to all who helped.

Jerry

Jerry,

When you said did not work in the later part of your last post. What did not work? Did it only play the first musical sequence and not go on? OR did not play anything ?

ON the other thread it was mentioned that the USB cable being unplugged and replugged allow everything to work correctly again.

Is your USB cable the one with the filters on?

Chuck

when I said, did not work, I meant it only played the first sequence over and over. I do have the USB with the filter and I tried unplunging it and it did not help. Now that I have redone all the sequences it works just fine.

Jerry