Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR's On Top Of It

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

Just browsing around and noticed that LOR has released five versions of S2 in 3 1/2 months.

Granted, everything might not in the software, but not bad at all.

Not to mention the other great toys too!

And I finally updated yesterday for the first time since December :) Time to get my butt in gear and learn all the new features!

I notice that the license scheme shows "free upgrades through 2010" or something like that. If it means more features and stability for the software, I'm happy to have a paid upgrade every so often. I know LOR will keep the price reasonable...

The way LOR is working it is there will be free upgrades on minor releases of the software for one year. After that the major releases will be a charge but minor releases are still free. Beta testers have a different scheme. :) Pretty good deal if you ask me!!

Ponddude wrote:

Beta testers have a different scheme. :) Pretty good deal if you ask me!!

Can't we all become Beta testers ;);)

cenote wrote:

I'm not sure that just anyone would qualify or would have the time to spend. To begin with, there was a twenty question quiz, an essay question, two software programming problems to troubleshoot, and a 7-track, 96 channel sequence that needed to be completed in a given period of time. And that's just to qualify. Once you have the software you have to sign an agreement to spend at least twenty hours a week, every week, using the sequencing software. You have to email Bob on a regular basis with complaints, and once a week you have to fill out a lengthy questionnaire online regarding your experience with the beta. Sure, LOR sends cupxcakes and donuts out each week, but you're mistaken if you think its all glory and acclaim being a beta tester.

George Simmons wrote:

cenote wrote:

I'm not sure that just anyone would qualify or would have the time to spend.  To begin with, there was a twenty question quiz, an essay question, two software programming problems to troubleshoot, and a 7-track, 96 channel sequence that needed to be completed in a given period of time.  And that's just to qualify.  Once you have the software you have to sign an agreement to spend at least twenty hours a week, every week, using the sequencing software.  You have to email Bob on a regular basis with complaints, and once a week you have to fill out a lengthy questionnaire online regarding your experience with the beta.  Sure, LOR sends cupxcakes and donuts out each week, but you're mistaken if you think its all glory and acclaim being a beta tester.

And don't forget that after the whole beta testing thing ends...DEATH!:?

Geroge and Greg , as beta testers have you been working with the version that has the CCR controls and a RGB color picker or are you not at liberty to say?

Tim

I'd tell you but i would have to kill you afterwords....

Actually I just asked that question last week and no one has responded. So I can't even give you and answer as to when. Sorry.

That's interesting ... I thought at least you guys would have had a look at it... especially because the CCR's are supposed to ship next week.

I guess there is no hope for the LOR Xmas floods this year :)

Tim

Ponddude wrote:

The way LOR is working it is there will be free upgrades on minor releases of the software for one year. After that the major releases will be a charge but minor releases are still free. Beta testers have a different scheme. :) Pretty good deal if you ask me!!

Well I'm all for free stuff, I think having an income stream attached to it will be good for all of us, as they now have an incentive to get the product out. And hopefully provide more money to devote to the software/new features/etc as well.

I develop a product with an annual paid upgrade cycle as well, so I can't complain if other software I use has the same :)

Jeff...outside of these forums, I have no clue who you are. BUT I still need to tell you that your signature sadens me. You have to do a display this year! Think of the kids!!! Just go for it man. It's Christmas!

George Simmons wrote:

Sure, LOR sends cupxcakes and donuts out each week, but you're mistaken if you think its all glory and acclaim being a beta tester.

So that's where all of our money is going, and I thought it was for paying the fine people of LOR. Thought you were gaining a few pounds this year ;);)

cenote wrote:

Thought you were gaining a few pounds this year

That's simply amazing! How did you know that? Are you spying on me through my computer or something? Actually, it's more than just a few pounds though - something like thirty-five already since I quit smoking in January.

George Simmons wrote:

cenote wrote:
Thought you were gaining a few pounds this year

That's simply amazing! How did you know that? Are you spying on me through my computer or something? Actually, it's more than just a few pounds though - something like thirty-five already since I quit smoking in January.

Congrats on the no smoking. Just tell Bob to send fruit instead of donuts for the weight ;)...