Light-O-Rama Forums

Annoying Flaw in selecting time

cenote

Hope I describe this right...

When using editor, when I program I highlight the time scale on the part I am working on, and use the space bar to play and stop. Every time I click out of the sequence window, it does not play until I re-select time period again. Is this a bug, or how it is designed??? For example, after I select time, click a couple of blocks for events on or off, than click up in tool bar to change tool, or click out into another window, the space bar does not work to play until I re select. Even tho the time is still selected in light gray.

edit - sorry for the typo in description

Well, if you click into another sequence's window, that sequence becomes the active sequence, and so clicking the space bar should start that sequence, not the sequence that you just left.

If you click another application's window (i.e. something other than the Sequence Editor, such as your internet browser) then the Sequence Editor doesn't even know that you clicked the space bar.

I just tried clicking a tool from the tool bar, as you described, and it worked OK for me. Is this not working for anyone else? Exactly which tool did you click? Did you do anything else in between? Thanks.

Hi bob, thanks for the quick reply, I am currently trying to make it do it, and now of coarse, doesn't want to. Will keep you informed as soon as it does it again. Paying close attention to key strokes now.

CN

Update: Seriously pissing me off, now I CAN NOT get the program to do it. Maybe it was a bug in the older version, or maybe it was how I was clicking...anyhow, thanks for the reply, if it happens again, i'll be sure to check back.

• 3 weeks later...

Found the problem Bob,

Keystrokes:

Highlight an area to play
Hit Space bar to play
than I would hit the channel tabs on the side to change something
Area still shows to highlighted but unable to play until I reselect timing

Only took me a month to figure out what I was doing. Does not effect me anymore, since I know not to do this.

Thanks

Wanted to bump this again...

Also now have found it does not go back and play with space bar if you have the intensity and fade tool menus up, and you make a change to one.

Thinking this might be a bug with using windows OS and nothing that LOR can do about it.