Light-O-Rama Forums

Track question and help please

Ralph D

HI everyone its Ralph here in NJ. I have a track I made for my mini arches, I made it "in" all i want for Christmas is you. now i have another sequence and i would like to "if possible" take this mini arch track i made and put it into this other sequence i have, instead of having to take a lot of extra time to and have to make this track all over again.....can anyone tell me if this is something i can do and... how to do it. i did see that in the tracks drop down box i can duplicate a track does this mean i can paste it in another sequence? i didn't want to mess things up till i knew for sure. Thanks everyone!!!!! IT"S GETTING CLOSER.....but don't picnic yet!:cool:

Hi Ralph –

Yes there is and easy way using the configuration option.

Save your configuration (Edit>Export Channel Configuration) from the “all I want for Christmas” sequence. Then open your new sequence and import that configuration into the new sequence (Edit>Import Channel Configuration). Now the tracks and channels order from the first sequence are imported into the second sequence

- or -

If you are setting up a new sequence you can use the “Use a saved channel configuration template” option in setups option window to import an existing configuration that you have previously saved.

It is always a good idea to backup your sequences prior to making any changes.

- Dave

Thanks Dave, yeah that's what i thought, my all i want for Christmas sequence is not the same channel con-fig as the other sequence i want to ad it to is older then it. so i guess i have only one option really. i have to manly add all the new stuff to the all i want for Xmas con-fig or grid as i call it so it matches the other sequence grid, then i can export the grid and import it to the sequence i want it in. darn. well let me get going on it. Thanks again! any othere ideas anyone let me know THANKS!

One more thought: Download the latest version of LOR’s Showtime software (2.4.10) before you import your configuration into the new sequence. This latest version cleared up some import issues from past versions.

Happy sequencing!

- Dave

This method might work for you. Before you start, backup the sequences and download the latest (2.4.10) version. Then,

1. Open the "All I want for Christmas..." sequence.
  2. Delete all tracks except for the "arch" track. Don't save!!!
  3. "Edit" -> "Export Channel Configuration" to a temporary configuration file called "arches".
  4. Close the "All I want for Christmas..." sequence. Don't save it first!! (or you will lose the other tracks).
  5. Open the old sequence that needs the arches track added.
  6. Add a new track.
  7. Move this new track so it's the first track in the sequence.
  8. "Import Channel Configuration" from the "arch" track.

At this point you should now have a sequence with both the old tracks and the new "arches" track.

However, this won't merge the animation screen. If you want the animation from the old sequence, you could save its configuration before creating the new track, then do steps 6-8, then move the new arches track to the end, then re-import the animation from the old sequence.

If you want to merge the animation, you'll have to edit the sequence files with a text editor and know a little about XML.

Steven wrote:

This method might work for you. Before you start, backup the sequences and download the latest (2.4.10) version. Then,
  1. Open the "All I want for Christmas..." sequence.
  2. Delete all tracks except for the "arch" track. Don't save!!!
  3. "Edit" -> "Export Channel Configuration" to a temporary configuration file called "arches".
  4. Close the "All I want for Christmas..." sequence. Don't save it first!! (or you will lose the other tracks).
  5. Open the old sequence that needs the arches track added.
  6. Add a new track.
  7. Move this new track so it's the first track in the sequence.
  8. "Import Channel Configuration" from the "arch" track.

At this point you should now have a sequence with both the old tracks and the new "arches" track.

However, this won't merge the animation screen. If you want the animation from the old sequence, you could save its configuration before creating the new track, then do steps 6-8, then move the new arches track to the end, then re-import the animation from the old sequence.

If you want to merge the animation, you'll have to edit the sequence files with a text editor and know a little about XML.

Is this the new part of ver .10? Great idea on when adding stuff year to year, thanks

yeap I just got it. lol i did end up doing it the old fassion way. took about an hour or so. but now i know for the next time.

*****hey can any one tell me when playing a song while editing at 1/4 speed, the song will not match up with the beats. but its not doing it to me all the time. is there a reason for that? what can i do to fix this. if it has anything to do with song.(type) either wave or mp3 i think my song is mp3 now that im thinking about it does that make a differance when editing?

Ralph D wrote:

hey can any one tell me when playing a song while editing at 1/4 speed, the song will not match up with the beats.

I can't get it to play at all at 1/4 speed.

In the past I've had problems playing MP3's at anything slower than half speed. WAV files have played at 1/4 but the audio is so bad I can barely hear the things I'm trying to listen for.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this help up! It really helped me put together a sequence into another existing sequence with two different timings... boy you saved me lots of time. Thanks!

Jeff