Light-O-Rama Forums

Background or foreground effects

chris2k

I remember being able to use the Background and foreground effects to do something like have a twinkle or shimmer fade down at the same time. But i cant figure out how to do it again. Does anyone know the correct steps to programming this in sequence editor?
Thanks,
chris

Chris,

I can't help you with this specific question, but if all you want is a fading shimmer/twinkle, you can do this easily with the 2.4.8 version of LOR. There are buttons on the tool bar (with the star) that easily allow you to do fading shimmers/twinkles.

Here's an example: Say you had a chasing sequence that you created by using "Paste Multiple" to the end of the sequence. Now let's say you wanted to fade this chase out over the last 5 seconds of your sequence. After the chase is in place using 100% on, you would simply select the time you wanted to fade out and use "Foreground Effects" => "Fade Down" as in this picture:

Attached files 180724=10276-sequence.PNG

Thanks Steven - I've wondered what a person would use them for also. I tried using them early on and royally screwed up the sequence I was working on and have never gone back to try again. Sure sounds like it will make fades a lot quicker for me.

Intensity and fade on shimmer and twinkle are through the custom tools button, and can be done separately from foreground and background effects. Of course, they work well together as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Even after reading this multiple times I still had trouble understanding how to do this. So for those who cross their eyes the way I do ...

1. Create the animation as you want it - turn on, off, shimmer, etc.
2. Press the Foreground Effects button
3. Now select the area you want to fade
4. Press the fade button and the magic happens

I don't know when this was introduced, but I just did this successfully with LOR 2.3.6

Now I have to figure out how to upgrade my firmware!