Light-O-Rama Forums

Bubble Machine and LOR 1602W Controller

ChristmasDude

Hello,

I was thinking of using this bubble machine (http://www.americandj.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=1334&MainId=2&Category=Bubble_Machines) in my display.

If I were to leave it set at the 'on' position, would it be possible for me to plug it into a channel, then when I wish to turn it on, activate that channel by the 'on' tool in the sequence setup. Will this work?

Note that the machine has only two modes off and 'on'.

Thanks for your time and attention, it is appreciated.

Possibly

What is the "warm up" time of the machine before it will produce bubbles? That would have to be taken into consideration if you wanted the bubbles "on demand"

You might be better served to look for a machine that has a remote input, that could be controlled by a relay connected to the LOR channel, with the actual machine having constant power to keep the solution warm.

Thanks everyone. Denny could you be a little more specific on using this 'x10' device on the bubble machine so as to be able to keep the bubble machine 'on' but not spewing bubbles until activated by the LOR Controller?

I believe you and JB are talking about the same thing.

Thanks again for your time and help with this.

You will need to run a relay to power the Bubble Machine. Trigger the relay with the LOR channel and power the bubble machine from the relay.but depending on which relay you use they need to be on seperate circuits or electrical noise will freeze up LOR

Tim

We just had a good discussion on P.C. under the "electrical questions" part of the forum. Guy is wanting to run his foggers, and controlling from a LOR controller. Seems that his seq. is freezing. Anyway another poster found how to make a snubber or supressor for line noise. Might want to take a look at that thread, some good info if I may say so myself. And I am not talking about my contributions either.