Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights and Power

captainron19

Wow whoever recommended that excel spreadsheet for figuring out amperage THANKS AGAIN and kudos to the guy that developed it. I just figured everything out and if all of my calculations are correct - 3 controllers 48 channels almost 10,000 lights (with most of them being LED) I will only be drawing the following amperage with everything on at 100%

Controller 1: 4.35 Amps

Controller 2: 6.01 Amps

Controller 3: 6.33 Amps

Speaking of lights.... has anyone seen anywhere online where you can get the Phillips Brand 100 count Minis that are 40% efficient? I bought a bunch at Target last year (end of season) and I am going to be short. I hope they will have them again but to be sure I tried looking online and not having any luck.

They are called Phillips Mini Strands 100 Count 40% Energy Efficient and you can connect up to 8 sets together. 24.7' each, 24 Watts which makes it only .2 amps per strand.

Hmmm, what spreadsheet are you talking about? Can you post it? I don't really need such a thing, but just curious what it has.

captainron19 wrote:

Speaking of lights.... has anyone seen anywhere online where you can get the Phillips Brand 100 count Minis that are 40% efficient? I bought a bunch at Target last year (end of season) and I am going to be short. I hope they will have them again but to be sure I tried looking online and not having any luck.

I wonder if the Phillips and Target brands are the same lights in different packaging. I bought both on closeout last season. Both featured the 40% efficiency thing. I haven't used any of the Phillips yet, but I made some arches with the Target clear 100's and they're noticeably dimmer than ordinary clear minis. (Mixing and matching isn't going to work in my yard. But I personally like the dimmer look at full intensity.) My bet is that Target will stock them again to help tout their "greenness".

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Hmmm, what spreadsheet are you talking about? Can you post it? I don't really need such a thing, but just curious what it has.

Here is a link to the spreadsheet

http://www.quartzhillchristmas.com/resources/Light+Controller+Calculator+MASTER+25+vC2.2.xls

George Simmons wrote:

captainron19 wrote:

I wonder if the Phillips and Target brands are the same lights in different packaging. I bought both on closeout last season. Both featured the 40% efficiency thing. I haven't used any of the Phillips yet, but I made some arches with the Target clear 100's and they're noticeably dimmer than ordinary clear minis. (Mixing and matching isn't going to work in my yard. But I personally like the dimmer look at full intensity.) My bet is that Target will stock them again to help tout their "greenness".

I used som e of the green last year in my mega tree (wasnt using LOR yet) and they are a bit dimmer than regular minis but I still like them. I like the fact that you can connect 8 sets together as opposed to 3 and the amperage they pull is nice and low

Just got back from my home depot and the boxes were all there to stock the shelves with christmas decorations so everything should be coming out soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious what are you paying for the 100 count LED lights? Where I live I do not have a lot of options. 9.99 is the best price I can get is 100 count LED's where I live.