Light-O-Rama Forums

LED STROBES

redsea300

friski:
Same by me. I did notice one thing though. When it is colder they seem to flash more at the same time. If it's say about 25 degrees or warmer they are great. Seems below that you loose a lot of the random flash. Don't know if you or anyone else noticed this. By the way....who do you fly for?

Lenny

Yep, I didn't loose any of the 30 LED strobes used this year. I did have two of them that stopped working and seemed to get wet inside but once they were dry, they worked fine. I noticed both of them didn't seem to have the lens sealed to the base so I may try a bit of silicon next year on those two.

Already pre-ordered 30 more for 2010. :D

-Jeff

After gettng all the stobes out of the trees, 6 LED strobes were not working. They seemed to be the ones I mounted upside down so they pointed down at the street, so it's my fault. One however was solid ice inside and still firing.

Does anyone have a better way to mount the strobes to branches so they stay right side up other than wire ties?

Well I got all of mine down and tested. I purchased 50 from Christmas light show. I didn't really want to but I did. Last year 10 failures out of 30. This year 11 failures out of the 65 I put out. I had 2 holes drilled in each and all were standing vertical for drainage.