Light-O-Rama Forums

Videos of Displays

captainron19

Just wondering what method everyone is doing to create videos of your display - I noticed that the audio quality is great so I assume it is not coming from the microphone on the camera you are using to film the show.

I thought of filming it with no music playing and use Windows Movie Maker to import the actual MP3 of the audio and just adjust its start in the video to have it in sequence.

I've taken the video portion and edited it adding the sound track. I've also used a radio and taken sound out and used it as sound in on my video camera.

captainron19 wrote:

Just wondering what method everyone is doing to create videos of your display - I noticed that the audio quality is great so I assume it is not coming from the microphone on the camera you are using to film the show.

I thought of filming it with no music playing and use Windows Movie Maker to import the actual MP3 of the audio and just adjust its start in the video to have it in sequence.

Captainron19,

That is the best way to do it, although it can get a little tricky if you are cutting from one camera angle to another and trying to keep the imported audio synched up.

You can adjust Movie Make where you can hear both the camera mic and the imported audio track and that will help.

Charles

rwertz wrote:

I record the sound and use it to line up the overdubbed music file while editing. Once I have the dubbed audio correct I mute the recorded audio and export the video.

How do you mute the audio that was recorded on the camera?

Hi Captain, Try the window media. its very simple and user friendly. when you upload a video in media you will hear the orignial sound. use it so you know where the music starts. upload the music from your file. drag it to the bottom file where you will fit in. you will hear both of them when you play. grab and shift the file music to where the music matches, or close to it. right click the orginal music line, and mute. when you have a perfect match, save to my computer and follow instruction for best quailty.