Light-O-Rama Forums

Lowes

friskybri

Was in two different lowes and they have their huge section of christmas lights going up. Was there last weekend and they were stocking the shelves. Need some c-9 or c7 lights for my star.

I was in lowes the other day getting halloween decorations and out in their green house I saw a few lights out and more in their Cases so it's that time of year a shopping cart full of lights just like in the movie Deck The halls

I went to lowes yesterday at lunch and they had some halloween stuff up, but no Christmas.

Went to wal-mart last night and they do not have up anything!

I went to the closest Lowes by me and they had a good selection of Halloween item. No christmas though. I checked out Walmart for some Halloween items and they were a joke. They had out a few fall decorations and that was it. I am so tired of walmart they make no effort to do anything any more.

Lowes has always had some good seasonal items. I am going back to Lowes this weekend to shop for more Halloween and I am hoping they have some Christmas items out this weekend.

Lowes here has there mini's out, c-7 and c-9 out. Bought a bunch of 35 count to finish up some frames. Boy, did the lady checkout person laugh :P

I need to retract my blanket statement about Walmart. I am in grand junction colorado and one of the walmarts here had an excellent halloween setup. I was surprised. They had some pumpkins with lights already in them with various colors available for $6.00.

I have been to several other stores that I have purchased ceramic pumpkins that I was planning on adding lights inside to animate my pumpkins to LOR. This actually saved me time and work as well as some money.

I still have to modify the ghosts I found there with lights to complete my display. I have not had any luck finding a store that is selling C7 lights yet. I want to add some nightlights inside the ghosts to finish my halloween display. I want a variety of light colors and no one has C7 light out yet that I could find. There are several other stores in town that I will have to check before I have to go back home. If not I can buy some at noveltylights.com.

I just checked my Lowes and they have nothing out yet. No Christmas, no Halloween, no nothin.

In fact, all I could see was a bunch of construction equipment. They are still pouring the foundation.

I should have a Lowes by next spring.

• 3 weeks later...

Lowes, Home Depot, Meijer, and Target have their Christmas stuff out. Now I'm just waiting on WalMart...they seem to be a little slow on the uptake...odd.

I plan to make my big purchase of lights this weekend. It's seems that Lowes has the best prices this year... It's usually Meijer.

ShowProKevin wrote:

Lowes, Home Depot, Meijer, and Target have their Christmas stuff out. Now I'm just waiting on WalMart...they seem to be a little slow on the uptake...odd.

The WalMart here (SE Kansas) started unpacking the Christmas stuff a couple of days ago...

When I was wrapping my mega arch on the front lawn a couple of weekends ago (September 26), a neighbor passing by said:

"Are you putting up your Christmas lights already? It's a bit early, isn't it?"
(This was the first time I've heard that from a neighbor.)

My reply: "Have you been to Lowe's?"

Steven wrote:

When I was wrapping my mega arch on the front lawn a couple of weekends ago (September 26), a neighbor passing by said:

"Are you putting up your Christmas lights already? It's a bit early, isn't it?"
(This was the first time I've heard that from a neighbor.)

My reply: "Have you been to Lowe's?"

A "grinch" would say "isn't it a little early to be putting up Christmas lights?"

A Christmas lover would have said "hey! great idea, I should start putting my lights up too!!"

Your neighbor is clearly a grinch...sad

The other day my dear sweet neighbor told me that I had not better put Christmas out early this year shaking her finger at me.

My wife has smugly reminded me of it ever since. My other neighbor puts his Christmas tree in on Halloween night. I am going to start hanging my light out after I take halloween down.

I live at over 6000 feet elevation and the snow can fly here. I am not a fan of being cold. So despite some dear sweet ladies warnings I am going to start hanging lights in a couple of weeks. :]

Attached files 182059=10381-Christmas 2008.jpg