Light-O-Rama Forums

software upgrade

william (rusty) kirchen

I am trying to download a 2.9 that was emailed to me from lor. I have the 1.63 version. It tells me to copy and paste my license number but I can not find where to do this. Any Help?

The email I received stated my license #. It said it was for a max. version of 2.9. I tried to upgrade on the s2 program and it never asked me for my license #. So I do not know how to up grade either way.

Download the current version here:

http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

Confirm that you get approximately 20MB file size.

Uninstall your older versions of LOR.

Install this new file, and launch the sequence editor. You will get a warning message that you have the demo version. There will be a place to click to enter your license key. If you miss that splash/warning screen, you can go to help/about in the sequence editor, and there will be a registration button there as well.

The email I received stated my license #. It said it was for a max. version of 2.9

That means that your license will be good at least through version 2.9 (and possibly through more versions than that). But version 2.9 doesn't exist yet.

The latest version is 2.3.8, which can be downloaded from the link that -klb- posted.

I just wanted to say thank you for the help. I uninstalled the old lor and also did a utility cleanup that was also adviced on a different post. We bought our first 16 channel program two years ago but did not get to do a show last year as we were moving. This year we added an additional 16 channels. So when we received the new unit we knew we had to upgrade to the S2. We finally got everything working and did a sample song. Everything seems to be working great so far. So thank you for the help that you did give us. We are looking forward to putting on our light show this year since we now live on a very busy road. YEAH!!!

Rusty and Shelly