Light-O-Rama Forums

Does LOR have to be activated for every user account on the PC?

ArtieMcD

We just discovered today the LOR software requires us to reactivate if we launch the application on a machine when we log in under a different user account. Is this the intended behavior? IE, have we blown 4 of the 5 activation attempts running LOR on our desktop and laptop under our two user accounts?

Hi Artie,

I just tried it on my old laptop using my wife's login and I had to enter the registration info.

The way Dan described the license, it is tracked by computer. They have said that reinstalling the OS on the same PC would not use a second license. So, I'm almost positive a different login would not use a license.

If that was true then why would it ask again to register. Could be a error in the software. I might try 5 different accounts on this pc and see what happens. At the worst I cant register anymore and I will call to explain the issue.

Nope don't worry about it. I have my software on a Laptop, my Jukebox and my main PC. Then on my main PC I put on 5 accounts and tried it on all of them and had to register. So if it was an issue I would have been denied the after two more accounts. It registered on all 5 accounts.

• 4 weeks later...

friskybri wrote:

If that was true then why would it ask again to register.  Could be a error in the software.  I might try 5 different accounts on this pc and see what happens.   At the worst I cant register anymore and I will call to explain the issue. 

I'm a little late to the party here, but this would be the case if they were generating the "secret license key" based on your machine ID, but storing it in a place that changes for every PC user. So you'd have to reenter it for the each user, but the license server sees it's the same machine so doesn't deduct new 'seats' from your count.

-Tim