Light-O-Rama Forums

LED colored floodlights

coasterbp

He does have great prices on there, but I don't want to have to sacrifice dimming in order to save money... I guess I'll have to pick one of the other....

-=coasterbp

coasterbp wrote:

He does have great prices on there, but I don't want to have to sacrifice dimming in order to save money... I guess I'll have to pick one of the other....

-=coasterbp

Wirekat's LEDs are fully dimmable with LOR.

Denny wrote:

coasterbp wrote:

-=coasterbp

Wirekat's LEDs are fully dimmable with LOR.

Yeah, they are dimmable, but only from about 1% to 50%. If you watch the videos, he shows that there isn't much difference between 50% and 100%. That's what I was referring to.

Thanks again, everyone!

-=coasterbp

Hi coasterbp. I ordered mine from minions.

http://www.minionsweb.com/

He has a lot of good stuff. I know he had a lot of orders to fill, so you might give him a shout, see if he'll have any stock left.

There is an info section with great pics of the lights illumination, as well as, info. on power usage etc. Good Stuff.

Corey is a Super guy to talk too. Good Luck. Hope it's not too late.

Best,

David

Just a quick question for those of you that have purchased them from Minions Web, are they fully dimmable? Do they have a relatively nice dimmer ramp to them?

Somewhere on the website it mentions that they are dimmable to 30%.... just curious as to what others have encountered with them.

Thanks!

-=coasterbp

coasterbp wrote:

Just a quick question for those of you that have purchased them from Minions Web, are they fully dimmable? Do they have a relatively nice dimmer ramp to them?

Somewhere on the website it mentions that they are dimmable to 30%.... just curious as to what others have encountered with them.

Thanks!

-=coasterbp

coasterbp,

Last year I purchased a bunch of 36 LED red and green floods from Corey at Minions Web. I returned them all because I was not satisfied with the very narrow dimming range of this particular product. I believe this is your concern. I tested them along side of incandescent floods and they do not even compare. Now some may be perfectly satisfied with their dimming range, but I prefer to have a product for my display that can dim over the entire range.

For this year, I pre-ordered the PAR 38 red and green floods from Travis at LED Holiday Lighting. I have not received them yet and look forward to testing these LED floods.

As a side note, I received excellent service from both Corey and Travis in the past.

Hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Roy

• 1 month later...

Good morning

I use Eco led par 38 with 120 leds in each unit DJS Progear Warehouse

877 511 8800 Tom Murphy is who I dealt with in the past at

a different location

Awesome look and fully controlable with LOR 120 vac

The peak of the house is about 25 ft The three lights one red, one blue, one green

were on the ground 1 foot away from house pointed straight up

The tree to the left of the garage is six ft tall The three lights

were four ft in front of tree at about 30 degree angle up

http://www.djsprogearwarehouse.com/proddetail.php?prod=72_EcoLEDPar38Lamp&prodname=Eco-LED+Par38-120+LED+lamp

Frank A.:)

Attached files 185090=10503-2_Newell_Carol_of_the_Bells_2008%20006_0001.jpg

I just had a chance to test the PAR 38 LED floods from Travis at LED Holiday Lighting. I compared both green and red LED floods to their incandescent counterparts that I used last year (GE 85W PAR 38 floods). So far, I am very pleased with these LED floods.

Construction and Power Consumption:

They are of a surprisingly lightweight mostly plastic design since no significant heat is generated. These LED floods should last forever and save a lot of energy at the same time. The incandescent floods usually only last 1 or 2 seasons before they blow out, plus the color starts fading. The LED floods only use 1W vs 85W (incandescent) or 0.01A vs 0.7A (incandescent), amazing!

Color and Brightness:

The LED flood coverage is very good with no hot spots and no worries of the colors fading. Both red and green LED flood colors are intense, especially the green. The LED red flood appears to be not as bright as the red incandescent, but is adequate.

Fading:

Both red and green LED floods closely resemble the fading behavior of incandescent floods over most of the range (90%+) with LOR. I am very satisfied.

Hope this helps.

-Roy