Light-O-Rama Forums

What is this?

BBY2KS2K

I've seen this setup on some displays but I have no idea how it's done or what does it. It looks like a bunch of random mini camera flashes. See the video below at the 57 second mark on the big Christmas Tree. Anybody help me out? I would love to incorporate it into this year's display.

Thanks,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Concerning the strobes on that video, I take it that you would plug them into a c9 string, but how is he getting them to 'shimmer' on that video?

Thanks very much to anyone who responds, I greatly appreciate it.

Those are xeon bulb curtain strobes that flash (fire) 3 to 5 times per second. Therefore they appear to "shimmer" but use on / off control only

Thanks for the response. The thing is, it would appear that this strobe would need to be set in a c9 string. It looks pretty involved to create such a string using these awesome strobes, I will see if I can find these already installed on a string, hate to be building my own electrical parts.

Although here is a string, that looks like all I would have to do is plug the lights into.
http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/p/C9-Christmas-Lights-String-50-ft-Length-12-inch-Spacing-10-Amp-Green-Wire--15104.htm

I just use old C9 light stings for most of mine.

For some applications I do make my own stringers using SPT wire and add the bulb holders and plugs