Light-O-Rama Forums

Central Website For Animated Displays?

jimswinder

Does anyone know if there is ONE central website where people can go and find out if within their city (or surrounding area) there are any animated (or static) displays?

It would be nice to be able to click on a map within a website and see a list of homes that have displays in a certain area...and also be able to mapquest directions, so one could make a night (or two) of Christmas Light Viewing.

Just wondering...

I know of several websites for this, some I will list my display on, and others I will not.

The owner of the display has to ( or should) volunteer to be listed on a particular website. In my case, I have asked a few webmasters to remove any mention of my display from their site.

So, no, there won't be any ONE website that may have a complete listing for every display in a particular area, and in my opinion, there should not be.

Surely that would mean that the good guys wouldn't be able to find you either then. If the good guys can, then the bad guys can. Advertising on a site will mean that more good guys can, more bad guys can which is just a greater percentage of the current situation.
Do bad guys really look up on the net where to go or do they just tour estates looking for easy pickings. Experience tells me its the second.
The scrap man is the worst, anything he can weigh in is at risk, signs, angle iron, metal bars, track.