Light-O-Rama Forums

Distorted Audio

jimswinder

Jack Stevens wrote:

Super© is a great conversion utility that will work with AAC and MP4 files, converting to/from many other format.s, including many video formats. You have full control over conversion parameters.

The price for what it does is ridiculous. Totally unreasonable. It's free. They do ask for donations, but it's not mandatory.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

I wish this forum had a "Thanks" button!

Thanks for that link, I didn't know about that one, hadn't even heard of it!

I found out about it through a podcast I was listening to a couple of years back. It took me a while to find it; there are several other video/audio conversion packages out there with similar names, none of which are free, unless they put their watermark in them. The program has, at times, too many options, but it works well.

I did download it last night and used it to convert my MP4...but it still played distorted. Finally figured it must be my external Sound Device (M-Audio Mobile-Pre). After switching back to my Real-Tek sound card, it no longer is distorting.

So gotta figure out what has happened over the last week to make my M-Audio unit not work. Have tried downloading the latest drivers but I get an error when it is looking for a certain file it can't find. So far, M-Audio has not been able to help me out.

Gotta love some companies with their Customer No-Service!! LOL