Light-O-Rama Forums

antenna

walter davidson

It should have come with at least a single wire antenna that plugs directly into the RCA jack. There are quite a range of antennas that can be used with the unit if you need more performance than just that wire hanging straight up or down. Ramsey sells a TM-100 kit that would work, or you should be able to find instructions on building a J-pole antenna.

dbcherry@swbell.net

E-mail Dennis, He sells a nice ground plane antenna for $30.00 that works great and can supply connectors for either Ramsey or EDM Transmitters. He will either tune it to your Frequency or you can cut it yourself. he supplies lengths to cut it to for your frequency in the instructions.

Tim

I built a ground plane antenna with a few parts including PVC pipe, a SO239, some brass rods, some glue, and some black paint (to match my roof). (I used this project to learn some welding skills, so I welded the brass rods using a cheap gas welder a bought at Home Depot.) If you're a member of the EDM Design group on Yahoo, you can see pictures of my antenna. When testing this antenna, I got a range of about a mile and a half. When my show goes live, I'm going to reduce the power.