Light-O-Rama Forums

Sale - Thread moved away...

LightORamaDan

Hi,

There was a thread that I just moved. It was started by Madhatter because he missed the sale and also was not happy with LOR customer service.

It got pretty heated ( I only looked at the first few pages of many ) so I have moved it out of sight. I moved it not because someone was unhappy with LOR but because the thread was a bit out of control.

We are not perfect but we do try go do a good job. With International orders (Madhatter is from the UK) we are a bit slower than we are with domestic. We contact the people, provide different shipping options and that takes some time. The store does not include shipping costs for international orders and the little message that that states that fact is often missed. In many cases, we need to get a second payment for the shipping charges...

So in all, the average experience for international customers is not a nice as it could be. We have made improvements but we do have a way to go. Just a FYI, LOR is in about 30 countries: Canada and Australia are the biggest international markets.

Now as far as not being notified about the sale, we have no filters on where the emails are sent. Anyone who entered the mailing list is sent an email. Only about 35% of the emails are ever opened. (which is a very high percentage!). 20% of the emails are rejected at various places as spam or for what ever reason. It may have to do with the tracking links that are in the email message (Not to track individuals but to track which links are clicked the most)... Mail servers may detect those links as spam and not deliver the emails.

Another complaint was that we do not respond to emails. There can be a couple of reasons for that. One is that the email was found as spam by our filters and we never saw it. We check our spam but we do not always catch every email. It is not always spam that is the problem. We sometimes read an email, start a reply and get interrupted and then never get back to it. When we are interrupted we try to mark the email unread so we know to get back to it but we do not always get it done. Some times things get missed.

We are looking to install a tracking system so we can keep better track of requests and emails and be notified by the system if we miss or forget something. It may not happen this year but it is planned.

So in short, not everyone is happy with our customer service. Most people are satisfied but we are not perfect. There are areas where we can and will make improvements. In our defense, our Yahoo store rating is WAY above average and we are pretty proud of that.

If you feel that you are not getting good service then please send me a PM or email me at dan@Lightorama.com

Dan Baldwin President (LOR)

Edit: corrected a typo in the email address.

There were a few responses to the original post... I meant to close this thread when I first posted it so that it would not just start all over again. I deleted the 3 responses (nothing wrong with them) but as I said I made a mistake in not closing it immediately.