Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR sequences

Guest guest

If anyone has the following songs converted to the formated (wav-??) for the LOR software could you email them to me. I don't have software to take the mp3 format to i think its a wav format to put in the LOR software

1. christmas eve sarajevo

2. wizards in winter

3. Feliz navidad

4. Decorations

5. Christmas vacation

6. So this is christmas

if one of you knows a good BUT easy software to convert mp3 to wav please let me in on it.

Thank you

please remember i'm a newbie so perhaps is does, but my next question will be if i downloaded a song from limelight (free site) what if it is not the 128kbs??? what do i do then?

thanks

rookie

from dork, pa:shock:

LimeLight takes you to FREEMUSICNOW.COM which is a file-sharing service. Unless these songs are public domain (and I don't think that they are) the music you download is not legal and you probably won't get anyone here to send you another copy in the WAV format.

I would either use the programs that others suggested or you can use Freerip. I use it and you can convert to wav file from an mp3 or from CD. It's very easy to use.

From what I can see (this is my first year with LOR), the software will handle both MP3 or WAV. However, if in the sequence editor you want to run the music at 1/2 or 1/4 speed, the sequence grid and music get out of sync (at least for me it did, using a 128K CBR MP3). I converted the song to WAV, and the sync issue went away.

I would caution others, however... I used Musicmatch Jukebox to convert the MP3 to WAV, and it worked like a champ, but for some reason the WAV song started a little earlier than the MP3 song (0.6 sec vs. 0.8 sec). This was after I had done a fair amount of sequencing, so I ended up having to move the entire sequence forward a little bit.

Lesson learned...convert the MP3 to WAV BEFORE you start your sequencing. Other converters may not have this issue, but sequencer beware!!

Trace

• 4 years later...

Mp3's work fine with LOR, unless you're using the Showtime Director. Also, the mp3's don't need to be 128kbps with the standard LOR software.

I'm using all mp3's and have no issues. No need to convert...

wglyons wrote:

Mp3's work fine with LOR, unless you're using the Showtime Director. Also, the mp3's don't need to be 128kbps with the standard LOR software.

I'm using all mp3's and have no issues. No need to convert...

Gee, a reply to a question asked 4 years ago, Jun 17, 2006