Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Lights Found Early!

smjosephrn

Just went to Big Lot's on a Lark, and what did I find?

Christmas Lights!

White or Multicolored 140ct incandescents for only $3.60. I worked it out and it roughly the same price bulb for bulb as what I paid at Wal-Mart last season. I picked up a case of 'em.

If you have a Big Lot's nearby and want to get an early start jump on these!

140 ct. Do those break down into 4 sets of 35 ct? That could be useful.

If you pull a bulb, how many go out at a time?

The wife saw Menard's unpacking all their Halloween stuff yesterday.

It gave us a good sense of urgency to finish up those projects that "we have all summer to complete".

(On a side note, yesterday also marked the first time in my life I ever chased the Ice Cream Truck down the street with a beer in hand.)

I thought that was $3.50 for 140 count incandescent. White, green, multicolor.

$7.50 for LED 70 count string. Multicolor, red, white, blue, and purple in stock at the one where I was (Cary, NC)

$4.00 for 20 count LED battery operated.

Also similar prices for Halloween lights; maybe a little higher. $20 for a string of white LED's with reflectors set up as a strobe light, includes sound effects. The box had them in a rectangle, with a "try here" button on them. I did not open the box but it appeared that they could be separated out into a single-file string.

They also had something else I hadn't see them carry before; a "flying ghost" - a ghost shaped traveling device that ran along a suspended cable; 25' cable included, with stops to auto-reverse the ghost. $15; wish I had picked it up, but I don't have any good suspension points. The trees I planted aren't big enough yet.

Yep menards had that stuff out. Lowes had a mini end cap of stuff. Though lowes had about 20 sections in the greenhouse that had planograms for Christmas stuff to be stocked. Kmart and walmart had nothing out yet. I was bored and went to different stores today.