Light-O-Rama Forums

TryForFree

bwolcott

lol anyone know if any winners for the TryForFree contest have been announced? Sorry for asking but since someone else won my dell I was crossing my fingers for a $2500.00 credit... lol lol yeah right I never win.

Thanks and good luck.

planor6 wrote:

What do you mean by that? "It's been an interesting wait"?

I've beening checking in every day about 4 or 5 times a day clicking the button on LOR's home page.

cmoore60 wrote:

Dan has been on vacation.

He stated that the winners would be announce when all orders are shipped.

Chuck

And......mine has not shipped yet.:shock:

Maybe I am wrong but if you won you would get your stuff for free right? I received mine stuff already and see a charge on my credit card. So I guess I didn't win from the way I read the rules. I could be wrong.

Yes he did, but with in a few days or a week, he changed his mind I believe. And said that from that date on they would ship without charging for the sale/shipping. So some lucky rascal might know if he/she is the winner by checking their CC activity after receiving their order.

Quote from LOR home page where the Try for Free is presented.

[align=left]"We have 37 free order winners and one order which will receive a $2500 credit for a total of 38 order winners. This year we have winners from 4 different countries![/align]
[align=left]As per the contest rules, the TryForFree order winners will be listed once all TryForFree orders are shipped. If you are a TryForFree order winner, either your order will not be charged or you will receive a full refund if you have already been charged. Winners will be notified that they are a TryForFree winner within 1 week of receiving delivery of there order starting August 1, 2009."[/align]
[align=left]Notice the portion that I placed in bold. Sounds like if you have not received a credit OR your order free you did not win. If you have not received your order there still may be hope.[/align]
[align=left]Chuck[/align]

cmoore60 wrote:

Quote from LOR home page where the Try for Free is presented.

[align=left]"We have 37 free order winners and one order which will receive a $2500 credit for a total of 38 order winners. This year we have winners from 4 different countries![/align]

[align=left]As per the contest rules, the TryForFree order winners will be listed once all TryForFree orders are shipped. If you are a TryForFree order winner, either your order will not be charged or you will receive a full refund if you have already been charged. Winners will be notified that they are a TryForFree winner within 1 week of receiving delivery of there order starting August 1, 2009."[/align]

[align=left]Notice the portion that I placed in bold. Sounds like if you have not received a credit OR your order free you did not win. If you have not received your order there still may be hope.[/align]

[align=left]Chuck[/align]

Here is another from Dan:

Seems like everyone is going with the TryForFree this year! Usually we have enough orders without Delayed Shipping that we are busy shipping the "non-promotion" order well after the sale has finished. This year "everyone" is in on the promotion.

When the sale is over we will randomly pick the winners from ALL orders with the TryForFree promo code. The way that TryForFree works this year is a little different. Everyone gets charged for their order. Once the order is delivered, if you are a TryForFree winner then within a week of delivery you will receive a full refund.

Regardless of when your order ships (the first to ship or the last to ship) you have the same chance of being a winner. We will not announce the winners until all orders have been shipped.

The four PC winners will be announced next week.

So in short, you must have been one of the first to order and you will be getting your order early. You have just as much chance to win TryForFree as anyone.

Dan

Here's another by Dan:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wichard623 viewpost.gif
I was wondering the same thing, maybe they didnt have as many sales this year??We are shipping orders faster this year ( more people in the shipping department ). Also the sale curve was different this year. Perhaps because of the economy? Normally we have a really hot first day it slows down day after day until the middle then starts picking up but the end is about half the start. This year the curve was sort of backwards? A good first day then a fast (scary) drop, but then it built up all the way to the end and the biggest day was at the end of the sale.

As far as TryForFree, next week we will start notifing the winners once their orders are delivered. We have already shipped about a dozen winning orders.

The suspense is killing me! lol lol not really the cost of extension cords is what’s really killing me... lol

You all have a nice day...

[align=left]

As per the contest rules, the TryForFree order winners will be listed once all TryForFree orders are shipped. If you are a TryForFree order winner, either your order will not be charged or you will receive a full refund if you have already been charged. Winners will be notified that they are a TryForFree winner within 1 week of receiving delivery of there order starting August 1, 2009."
[/align]

The way that TryForFree works this year is a little different. Everyone gets charged for their order. Once the order is delivered, if you are a TryForFree winner then within a week of delivery you will receive a full refund.

Dan

I am seeing that everyone wil be charged, then refunded. And I am seeing that not everyone will be charged if they win. So, it is a bit confusing for sure. Either way, it will all come out in the end. Grateful if I am selected and if not, would have bought what I did anyway.
Good luck to all.

Looks like I did something wrong and got the quote section all putzed up. Sorry

Well my stuff still is on hold so I guess it was still busy enough for them even with a slow start.

No hurry though, just as long as I have them by Oct. 1st I 'll will be o k

Slightly OT, but I got this from LOR regarding orders paid with PayPal:

When it comes time to ship your order, we will send you an email. If you still want to pay via PayPal we will send you a PayPal Payment Request. This issue with PayPal expiration adds a bit of complexity when a shipment is delayed such as with the TryForFree.

The reason was that when you use PayPal from the Yahoo store, it generates a PayPal authorization, which is then used later when the order is shipped. However, if the order is not shipped in 30 days, the authorization expires and you need to send the money again.