Light-O-Rama Forums

New/Open file dialog problem

HowardShank

When using dual monitors, no matter where you have the sequencer positioned, on monitor one or two, the open/new file dialog box always moves to monitor one.

I don't think this is exactly correct. The dialog always opens in the same position (and size) that you last closed it in. So, if you move the dialog to your other monitor, it will open there from then on (until you move it somewhere else).

When you open the dialog box, it paints in the center of Sequence Editor, it then moves to monitor 1. I will test moving it and closing it on monitor 2 for you.

Bob,

I played with the open/new dialog box for a bit.

It appears to remember it's last closed location, most of the time, but not always. There are some anomalies with it that are a nuisance but does not prevent it from functioning.

If I can provide you more details, please let me know what you would like from me.

Yes, if you know what the anomalies are, I would appreciate if you would let me know. Please send them to bob@lightorama.com. Thanks.

By the way, when I upgraded to two monitors one of my friends suggested getting Ultramon software. I bought it and really like it, as it gives you quite a bit of control over your dual monitors, how things open up, etc.

$40 for a single license and well worth it....

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/